Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Sometimes it's hard to stand out if you have no support on the pitch. A good team will allow players to stand out

I think more than 1 would stand out if the team was good.
i think it was the 94s last year that won all their games at odp. what else can the team do to get players held over?"offer gas cards"
i think that is where state reputation comes in.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Exactly!!Players not only have to perform but they have to shake off the reputation that we have

H
brace
brace
H
i think for sc players to get held over they can not just be as good as players from other states, they have to be better than some of those players from other states.even nc girls got somewhat shafted last year.not as many hold overs as before.fla got all of the sc and nc spots.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
CHT, it was NOT throwing stones but to find out if you have a dog in the fight and, if so, some specifics. NOT a personal attack....don't even know who you are or if you've had a daughter past, present or future. Relax.

S
goal
goal
S
I agree with hard head, It's up to the player to get noticed, SC players need to know going in that they must do something special if they plan on getting selected.

S
goal
goal
S
Like I have said in the past,if your daughter or son can play the game at the highest level, as any parent thinks they can, the colleges will come knocking, they don't care about your club, your name, or any of the BS that comes with playing youth soccer.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I'm good..when it comes to personal info..I tend to pm posters.The whole world does not need to know..Do I have a dog in this fight? My child has played ODP for three years to see only coaching changes every year..Very coachable player..ODP Region player? No..Plenty of stronger players at her position..Are there players that should be held over? Yes..Name them? I will not because then the discussion becomes about them and not the program..If SC can put players in the MLB,NBA and NFL then we should at least have players heldover for region play..If not.. then system has let them down..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 11/19/08 11:41 PM.
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I agree with hard head, It's up to the player to get noticed, SC players need to know going in that they must do something special if they plan on getting selected.

I agree but shoudn't the State ensure that they prepare the player? I don't think the SC program that we now have is helping the player prepare for the selection process. The program relies on individuals to do it on thier own or club coaches. Where is the SCYSA involvement except selecting a team?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Of course you would want the player to give it their all or try to make things happen but they should be able to play the game and through out the course of the game good things happen for them.They have to play within themselves..if that makes sense..If you can't hit your driver over 300 yards to carry the water..then leave it in the bag or something bad is going to happen..I also feel that it's just as important what the player is doing off of the ball also..A ninety minute game and the player touches the ball for how many minutes?The player has to ask themselves..what am I doing when I don't have the ball?

H
brace
brace
H
sc has a numbers problem also.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard