Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
goal
goal
Sweet said “On my daughter's team all players have ODP experience, that played this weekend at the CASL showcase.”

CHT asked, “...the players should of been playing first rounds over the weekend..Right?”

And sweet responded, “CESA took the U-17 premier girls team and won all three games.”

Which, apparently, led most everyone to believe that sweet’s daughter plays for the CESA U17 Premier team.

For some reason, sweet is either being obtuse or ambiguous – not sure which, but he/she definitely has a chip on his/her shoulder.

S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent:
Your right, I probally wasn't clear enough, however I find it quite amusing how quick people love to pile on CESA.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Coldhardtruth:
CESA took the U-17 premier girls team and won all three games.

in front of about 40 college coaches.

i dont think that cesa u-17 girls first round game being moved to a weekday had anything to do with someone having pull as was stated earlier.im sure whoever ok'd the move new that the casl shootout was a better place for u-17's than a low level state cup game.
from what i have been told it was well worth it.i wasnt sure about mine going but she had a blast.then you toss in the womens final 4 and you have a great weekend.
looks like cesa has just put another group of kids in front of college coaches. we all know they do that better than any other club in the state.
after this weekend i think all u-16 and u-17 and u-15 teams if they want to should be at casl.all it takes is for cesa and cufc to get together and have the state cup weekend moved.north carolina finished up 3 weeks ago.

H
brace
brace
H
by the way, can we move the girls discussion out of the boys odp thread.

goal
goal

sweet, it IS often “quite amusing how quick people love to pile on CESA,” but it’s just so dang hard to bite your tongue when other people make such pompous and arrogant statements as “...you can be successful in SC by sending your daughter to CESA.” (and, thus, dismissing the significance of every other club in the state)

Regardless of what you might think, those of us who cannot afford to send our children to a place like IMG, don’t live anywhere near the upstate, and don’t have the desire (nor feel the need to make the arduous drive up there on a regular basis) CAN find success for our child somewhere other than CESA.

And, although my own child may not always (if ever?) feel the same way as me, I actually enjoy seeing them and spending time with them on a daily basis, and just can’t see sending them away from home any earlier than necessary (i.e., college). But, hey, maybe that’s just me.

goal
goal
hard head, are you trying to say that girls' soccer has nothing to do with boys odp?

S
goal
goal
S
Belligerent:
First off, let me say your name fits well.
Secondly, I have never said a single negative thing about any club in SC, it's up to the parent and player to find the right fit. Would it be to forward of me to ask what club your child plays for? As a parent we try to do whats best for our children, IMG works quite nicely for my daughter thank you.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I'm getting the feeling of a great State Cup weekend!!

world cup
world cup
Kudos to SCYSA for recognizing the significance (and importance) of the CASL Showcase, and allowing teams to move their quarter-final games to mid-week so that they can make the trip to Raleigh.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
sweet, thank you - i'll take that as a compliment – just like to keep people on their toes!

semantics - you may not have specifically called out other clubs, but by making the statement you did, the way you did, it might as well have been negative towards everyone except CESA. but, if i somehow misunderstood what you were trying to say, and you really did not mean to slight all non-CESA players, please let me know, and i will apologize immediately.

i’ll agree - most parents try and do what’s best for their children. i’m truly happy (seriously) that img is working out quite nicely for your daughter – she is probably in the best place for her situation.

and, you are very welcome, although i'm not sure what for.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard