Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
kick off
kick off
M
I agree with Hard Headed this thread is about the boys ODP tryouts. The first practice is this weekend for the 96 boys. I saw the list of boys and it totals 36. My question is.... if there are 36 boys selected from the first tryout for the trip to Winston Salem, where is the room for the kids from makeup group. I was told that there was going to be two teams of 18. The makeup is going to be a part of the weekend practice, but it looks like the teams are full.

goal
goal
fine - sweet ran off to greener threads, leaving behind a thundering, deafening silence.

horse-person, regarding winston-salem, makeups, the magical #36, etc., it's all fairly fluid until they pick the final team. if there is a player at makeup that the coaches want to see more of, they will make room.

the main thing you need to know is that when mrs bynum says jump, you should have already been there ten minutes ago.

L
Goal
Goal
L
And be notarized with 2 copies! Originals, too!

goal kick
goal kick
I believe that the list sent out recently included players selected at the makeup session

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I believe that the list sent out recently included players selected at the makeup session

REALLY? I have seen the 94 and 95 boys list and there were some names missing that I find hard to believe thy would not make it to sub regionals. I know at the 94's several players have moved on to the academy, best of luck to them we are going to miss you!

However, at the 95's the one name that I did not see was Tanner...I know the CESA U-14 team had a tourney the weekend of tryouts but I would assume most of them would have gone to the make up and there are certainly a number of players on that team which should be playing ODP.
Anyone know for sure?

On another note, IF the players from that team have decided not to play ODP what does that say about the "need" to have ODP on your resume?

(for those of you that don't know the CESA U14 Premier team is one of the better U14 teams in the southeastern US)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
B
goal
goal
B
You don't "need" to have anything on your resume, heck you don't even "need" to have one. You don't "need" to participate in ODP, you don't even "need" to participate in club. SCYSA doesn't "need" to provide an ODP program that meets each individual parent's desire for what they think it should be.

In my opinion, the only thing that "needs" to be done by a parent is to evaluate the desires of the child, and provide the best opportunity, for your own child, within the framework that is available. If you don't feel that is enough, then get involved and change the opportunities available.

Of course, then again I'm almost done so my opinion may not really matter as I have no dog in the hunt.

Bear #110869 12/12/08 03:20 PM
T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I don't know about the boys list, but the girls list that came out this week included the girls that attended make up try outs.

TS #110870 12/12/08 03:45 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Don't be surprised if a player that has played previously but did not come to tryouts shows up for the sub regional and makes the team..Some can be inherited..Just concern yourselves with your child playing up to potential and all should fall in place..

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
The 95 boys make-up date is this weekend and the initial list only had about 26 players on it. Expecting more to come form the make-up tryout.

goal kick
goal kick
Sorry, Soccerpop, I was responding to Mustang's post re the 96 boys, don't know about the 94s.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard