Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hat-trick
hat-trick
My niece played high school soccer in West Virginia and they played in the fall. They played on the football fields with yellow lines for soccer and white gridiron markings.

Also, don't the NC boys play high school soccer in the fall? How do they work it out?

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
It can't be very easy with the schedule. You have to watch your Friday matches unless the team is away, Thursday matches for JV, and heaven forbid they have a "B" team. Oh wait, and then there is the middle school team that might use the field. Oh, wait again, and if they're like South Aiken and Aiken then pee wee football takes the other nights. Blast!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
You just need your own version of the Viking Cup to pay for separate soccer-only fields.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup

Speaking of, I just don't how Steve manages all of that. I have a hard enough time just trying to find out what field we're on and who we're playing. That tourney is the 8th wonder of the world.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Quote:

It would help in that regard...much like high school tennis seasons with girls in the fall and boys in the spring. It would also create a conflict with fall club season, though...I think a lot of highly-ranked schools would hate to have players needing to choose between playing high school or club ball.

SCYSA would love for High School soccer to move to the fall. That way they could move the club season to the spring and have the State Cup just before regionals instead of being the only state in the Region 3 (along with girls in NC) that has state cup six months before regionals.

Bingo! I don't think this is a joke idea that can't sprout legs. I really think we could get girls moved to the fall because it saves schools money and club for girls could move to spring.

I realize that football coaches would never allow boys to play in the fall, but most of these guys are also ADs and I am sure they would be in favor of moving a girl's sport to the fall.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good Luck!! I would love to see it happen..I will go one step further..I would like to see clubs that are just for girls..There are a few clubs that are down the middle when it comes to both sexes but most are boy oriented..

world cup
world cup
North Carolina and Georgia girls both play HS in the spring and club in the fall. For the sake of attending club tournaments and getting high school matches with these bordering states, I say we keep our girls right where they are.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Spoken like a person who fears having to play club ball in South Carolina. God forbid our girls (like the boys) having to play is SC and making SC soccer better.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
C
Coach
Coach
C
Y'know, I think the really big obstacle to switching high school season to the fall and club season to the spring would be that for it to work, it would require SCYSA and SCHSL to work together, come to a common agreement, and make the same change at the same time.

Odds of that happening seamlessly?

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Good Luck!! I would love to see it happen..I will go one step further..I would like to see clubs that are just for girls..There are a few clubs that are down the middle when it comes to both sexes but most are boy oriented..

CUSC has become pretty girls-oriented...boys' teams ended at U14, and only the girls' side entered teams at U17 and U18.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard