Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Carolina Girls..remember that name..They had a region team that was pretty successful

world cup
world cup
cid,

Be seroius. If you are playing opposite seasons from Georgia and North Carolina, forget about attending club tournaments in Atlanta, Savannah, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Raleigh. Where are the girls teams that are looking for some competition going to go?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Of coarse, I was speaking with some sarcasm, BUT...
The boys side seems to do pretty well finding tournament and competition playing the opposite season as NC (15 - 18). It just seems to me if we are trying to promote soccer in SC it makes sense to make decision based on what is going to keep the best player in SC not Charlotte, Savannah or Augusta. If all the best players stayed more SC teams would do well in Region 3 Premier, which would be the best competition you can get, correct???

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
H
brace
brace
H
the time of year that girls play soccer has nothing to do with why a kid goes to charlotte or other states to play.i think it has more to do with opportunity. you have cesa with many of the region spots and and then columbia and the other lower state clubs. not all kids want to drive 1 hr or more to practice when they can get it 15 mins from home.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

the time of year that girls play soccer has nothing to do with why a kid goes to charlotte or other states to play.

It would probably have something to do with it if the other states played their club season at the same time we have the high school season. There would be a big conflict between high school games and weeknight club training. Therefore, there would probably be fewer SC players playing in the other states. I think that is what cid was referring to.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

the time of year that girls play soccer has nothing to do with why a kid goes to charlotte or other states to play.

It would probably have something to do with it if the other states played their club season at the same time we have the high school season. There would be a big conflict between high school games and weeknight club training. Therefore, there would probably be fewer SC players playing in the other states. I think that is what cid was referring to.

reading cids post i thought he was talking about girls soccer. as far as i know nc,ga and every other southern state plays girls club soccer in the fall.i dont see other states changing their girls program.
for sc if it was a question of a large number of kids i could understand. i do understand cids point but it is not like sc players are running across the state line.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I was referring to the Charlotte area, where (and I could be wrong) but don't the majority of the best players from that region (FM/clover) jump the boarder? I am just curious as to how those girls would do if they came back to SC and played together.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Border jumping, that is another great topic. Didn't happen in Anderson with CESA taking care of us, but is prevalent her in our region with Augusta serving as a nice hotbed.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I was referring to the Charlotte area, where (and I could be wrong) but don't the majority of the best players from that region (FM/clover) jump the boarder? I am just curious as to how those girls would do if they came back to SC and played together.

cid,
i do not think there is enough at each age to play together unless some played out of their age.york county is not a hot bed for soccer compared to other areas so it is not like a biblical exodus happening here.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Disagree with you HH.

If you took the girls from CUFC Gold/Green ....CESA Premier...and CSC Blue, and hey I'm probably forgetting someone at SCSA Gold.....and added them to CUFC Emerald it would be a pretty good team.

I don't think thats necessarily in most of the girls best interests.....as there are differing expectations with these kids. But the talent pool is there to have a pretty darned good team.

And I think the same is true at most other ages as well. There may be structural issues why this doesn't happen. Or pride issues. Or crazed parents. But I don't see a lack of talent being the limiting factor.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard