Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Disagree with you HH.

If you took the girls from CUFC Gold/Green ....CESA Premier...and CSC Blue, and hey I'm probably forgetting someone at SCSA Gold.....and added them to CUFC Emerald it would be a pretty good team.

I don't think thats necessarily in most of the girls best interests.....as there are differing expectations with these kids. But the talent pool is there to have a pretty darned good team.

And I think the same is true at most other ages as well. There may be structural issues why this doesn't happen. Or pride issues. Or crazed parents. But I don't see a lack of talent being the limiting factor.

big daddy if you look a little closer i never said there was a lack of talent there.just that it is not like it is sounding and you have 100 great players crossing the boarder.cid was talking about high school girls moving to fall play would force those girls to come back.even though he is right,im sure many of those playing somewhere else are doing so because nothing better is offered in york county no matter when high school is played.the best solution would be to have 1 good club in york county where they could use manchester without having to sneak onto the fields in the middle of the night.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
"not having to sneak onto the fields in the middle of the night" That is hillarious!!!! Heck, you can't play on the grass field during the day, so what's the difference.
My point is that, just like on the boys side, if we had girls soccer in the fall they would have to choose to play in NC or high school ball OR high school ball and SC club. I think it would be interesting to see all of them play on the same team together in SC. As far as expectations, you put that group of juniors from FM and Clover together with Ms. Ramsey from Rock Hill and I think the expectations would be to with Region 3 Premeir League because that is where they would end up playing.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
"cid,
i do not think there is enough at each age to play together unless some played out of their age.york county is not a hot bed for soccer compared to other areas so it is not like a biblical exodus happening here."

While I understand what you mean......this isn't what you said.

I agree that we can't match the COLA area or GSP area or Charleston area for breadth and depth of talent pool. But in most age groups we can at least compete.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I think it makes more sense to move boys to Fall high school/spring club. First it would align us with other states including NC. Second, moving girls would create misalignment with other states, including NC. Third, honestly.....I think there will be more competition with Fall school sports for girls, then boys.

I would guess that other than the obligatory kicker.....most boys who play soccer don't play fooball. Girl soccer players.....also play volleyball and run cross country. A high school AD looking at possible disruption to other sports would probably find it easier to move the boys, than the girls.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
I think it makes more sense to move boys to Fall high school/spring club. First it would align us with other states including NC.

How about our existing relations with other states playing spring soccer -- AL, GA, TN, VA?

It would make more sense to move the girls IMO.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
What existing relations? I could see an Aiken team playing a Georgia team.....just as teams up here play Charlotte area high schools on the girls end.

I live up here so NC matters more to me....though I understand how Aiken folk would have a different take.

But who really cares about Alabama, TN, or Virginia for crying out loud? Why would do or not do anything....on account of Alabama?

And if you move the girls......who will you be in alignment with?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

"cid,
i do not think there is enough at each age to play together unless some played out of their age.york county is not a hot bed for soccer compared to other areas so it is not like a biblical exodus happening here."

I agree that we can't match the COLA area or GSP area or Charleston area for breadth and depth of talent pool. But in most age groups we can at least compete.

it is what i said!!!maybe you were just assuming something else.
what i did mean was...there is not enough girls or boys that has crossed the boarder at each age to make full teams no matter of the talent level.

H
brace
brace
H
and what i meant by hot bed of soccer if people are confused is..soccer is not the number one sport in the county.it is still football,basketball,baseball.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
You obviously live in Rock Hill.

Don't you know that the priorities are band, marching band, and concert band?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

"cid,

it is what i said!!!maybe you were just assuming something else.
what i did mean was...there is not enough girls or boys that has crossed the boarder at each age to make full teams no matter of the talent level.

Ok, what you are saying.......is that the kids that are playing in NC, in and of themselves aren't enough to form a team. In most cases you are correct. But there are a ton of SC kids playing at Steele Creek and also at CUFC Palisades. Not to mention the stragglers at South Charlotte or CSC.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard