Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
world cup
world cup
I did the math and there are at least 50 girls from York County, between U-15 - U-17 (91's, 92's & 93's), that are playing club soccer in Charlotte.

There are at least 16 players at each age (moving up two "young" high school freshmen from the 94's to the 93's).

If you add the one girl from Rock Hill who is playing on the CESA Premier 91's into this mix, you would have three R3PL players on the 91's. I think this team would definitely make the State Cup semi-finals and challenge for the state championship.

The York County 92's, in my opinion, are SCYSA state cup semi-finalists despite not having any current R3PL players on the roster.

The York County 93's would face a very tough obstacle in CESA Premier 93's, but if the draw is favorable they definitely make the state semi-finals and could reach the championship game. The goalkeeper and four defenders in this age group are impressive.

As mentioned by all above, this would be great to have another competitive girls club in South Carolina. Will it happen? I wouldn't bet on it.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
Throw In
Throw In
P
The more significant issue to me is the exposure of our players, boys and girls, to college coaches. It's easier for them to recruit in the Spring, and it's easier for them to recruit at club tournaments rather than going to individual high school games. Our good players would get more and better exposure if high school soccer was in the Fall.
Of course, with the ADs mostly football coaches, what chance?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Welcome to the soccer boards Paul! The only advice I have for you is to completely ignore posters with man-crushes on the children of NASCAR legends.

For those that don't know, Paul is the new girls coach at Daniel.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

The more significant issue to me is the exposure of our players, boys and girls, to college coaches. It's easier for them to recruit in the Spring, and it's easier for them to recruit at club tournaments rather than going to individual high school games. Our good players would get more and better exposure if high school soccer was in the Fall.
Of course, with the ADs mostly football coaches, what chance?

most of the good players are playing on club teams and getting exsposure at the club tournaments the coaches are going to.it would put high school soccer at a time of year when the college coaches are more active but it would also put club soccer in the time of year when they are not.im not sure how many or how much coaches recruite at high school games but im confident that the majority of college coaches recruit at club soccer events more so. i think if football and soccer was in the same season the soccer teams would end up practicing in the sand lot.

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Thanks for the welcome. I enjoy reading occasionally. And it's nice to know there's such an interest in the girls here in SC.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard