Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Does anyone know why the Columbia United team was changed from the #4 seed to the #5 seed after the initial seedings came out?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
CUFC should have been the 5th seed. They finished 3 in the league plus the two from the premier league. The 4 and 5 plays each other just the location has changed.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Originally Columbia United was listed as finishing second in league play and a #4 seed. Then the score of their final match was changed from a 4 or 5 goal win to a 3 to 0 loss. To me that would indicate a forfeit of their last match after it was played and the score posted. What rules were broken to force the forfeit? Or was the score just reported wrong originally?

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I found out there was a red card ejection a player received in their next to last match that was ignored and not served in the last match. That is why Columbia united had to forfeit a win in their last match, moving them from a number 4 seed to a 5 seed. Does anyone know if the player is suspended for all of state cup? Is the coach suspended for a year? Did they lose their performance bond and post a new one?

bench
bench
If the following post was true. Should CUFC have played in the first round of state cup? These are the rules from SCYSA website.

South Carolina Youth Soccer
Red Card / Ejection Notice

All South Carolina Youth Soccer teams must use this form during ALL League, Tournament and State Cup matches:
*This includes all Classic, Challenge, Premier teams.
Procedures:
1. The South Carolina Youth Soccer Red Card / Ejection Notice must be completed & submitted within 48 hours of the
match.
2. This form must be submitted to the South Carolina Youth Soccer State Office. Fax 803-749-4352 or E-mail
scysa@scysa.org
3. Failure to submit the Red Card / Ejection Notice within 48 hours of the match will result in a $50 fine.
4. Any team allowing an ejected player / coach to participate will forfeit the match, forfeit their team’s performance bond or $200 whichever is greater, and be deemed ineligible for state cup competition . The coach shall also be suspended immediately from ALL South Carolina Youth Soccer activities for no less than one (1) year pending a hearing.
5. This form must be submitted to the South Carolina Youth Soccer State Office upon completion of suspension with dates
and locations of time(s) suspension served.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Technically the official was in the wrong. The young lady was ejected from the match (Red Card) and she should have been for her actions. However, coach Fryland went, with the mother and the player, to the ref after the game and convinced the ref to overturn the call-or not submit the red card. We had video of the red card incident. Therefore, our coach did what any coach would do, "what is right for their team." Moreover, it is what it is. We had our chance and fell short. They are a very good team and deserve to play this week. I do not think keeping any team out of the play-offs is right. I thought it was an interesting coaching move.

S
goal
goal
S
A similar occurence was in the U16 boys but concerned Lexington. From the posts above it sounds like we don't have all the facts regarding these incidents.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Meredith
How was the official technically wrong?

hat-trick
hat-trick
The referee may change his mind on a call until after play has been restarted. Once play has been restarted, the decision is final. So if he shows the red card and sends the player off, he can decide that it is a mistake and allow her to come back on the field as long as he does so before he restarts play. Once play is restarted, the send off is official and he has to submit a misconduct report, which, I am told, he did not do.

I was not there, so what I know is second hand. But I was told that the referee approached the CUFC captains after the match and told them that he had changed his mind, was retracting the red card, and would not submit the misconduct report. The captains told the coach who then asked the referee about it. The referee told him too that he would not submit the report and that the player was free to play in the next match.

bench
bench
Post deleted by 1968

Last edited by 1968; 12/09/08 04:03 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard