Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bear #111086 12/09/08 04:17 PM
world cup
world cup
If you blow off a state cup game in North Carolina you get the death penalty.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Bear #111087 12/09/08 05:28 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
1. Seems to me that Bridge is slipping a little. Now, is this due to USSF Academy on the boys side? Or something else?

2. CUFC seems to be gaining competitive momentum. Is their success coming from Bridge, CESA, or soemthing else?

3. Is there an increase of "mom and pop" clubs in Final 4? Small little clubs with just 1 team in the Final 4?

Seems to me that 2 years ago.....you had a Big 2, Bridge and CESA. Then you had a couple of clubs that maybe had a couple of competitve teams, CUFC, Lexington, MPSC, etc. Then the odd club here or there that had a very sepcial team like the Discoveries 90 team.

Now.....looks like CESA is more or less holding constant, CUFC is making a strong push up, Bridge is fading, and the number of clubs with 1 strong team is multiplying rapidly.

Before (Final 4): 2 clubs dominate all ages, another 2-3 clubs with a couple of teams that are competitve, a few clubs with 1 team here or there.

Now (Final 4): CUFC and CESA dominating, Bridge still there but fading, a whole bunch of clubs with 1 team or so.

Is this assessment right?

J
throw in
throw in
J
Quote:

1. Seems to me that Bridge is slipping a little. Now, is this due to USSF Academy on the boys side? Or something else?

2. CUFC seems to be gaining competitive momentum. Is their success coming from Bridge, CESA, or soemthing else?

3. Is there an increase of "mom and pop" clubs in Final 4? Small little clubs with just 1 team in the Final 4?
Seems to me that 2 years ago.....you had a Big 2, Bridge and CESA. Then you had a couple of clubs that maybe had a couple of competitve teams, CUFC, Lexington, MPSC, etc. Then the odd club here or there that had a very sepcial team like the Discoveries 90 team.

Now.....looks like CESA is more or less holding constant, CUFC is making a strong push up, Bridge is fading, and the number of clubs with 1 strong team is multiplying rapidly.

Before (Final 4): 2 clubs dominate all ages, another 2-3 clubs with a couple of teams that are competitve, a few clubs with 1 team here or there.

Now (Final 4): CUFC and CESA dominating, Bridge still there but fading, a whole bunch of clubs with 1 team or so.

For instance...?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

1. 3. Is there an increase of "mom and pop" clubs in Final 4? Small little clubs with just 1 team in the Final 4?

I don't see that. Two years ago, in 2006, there were 9 clubs represented in the Fall Final Four. In 2007 and 2008, there were 10 clubs represented, just 1 more than in 2006. There were 5 clubs with only 1 team in 2006 and 2007. There are only 4 clubs with 1 team this year.

In 2006, the 1-team clubs were LCSC, CFC, NASC, DSC, CASC
In 2007, the 1-team clubs were CFC, MPSC, NASC, DSC, CUSC
In 2008, the 1-team clubs are SC Bulls, DSC, CSSC, Coast FA

The only 2 clubs that have had just 1 team all 3 years are DSC and SC BULLS/NASC. As I mentioned before, both of these teams are now U18 and will not be around next year.

So basically, it does not look like there has been an increase in the number of clubs with only 1 team in a given Final Four.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
OK, who is DISA? They have a couple of teams.....but I never heard of them. And CFC has 2 teams.

I glanced thru the pairings so forgive my error. But you have 4 1 team clubs....and then a couple of more clubs that aren't considered traditional powers.

I guess this is my point. DISA and CFC pretty much have the same number of Final 4 teams as Bridge.

Also not trying to disrespect CFC or DISA. Obviously they are doing something right.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Daniel Island....new club, right?
SC Bulls......new club, right?

I have to disagree on the assessment that there's nothing significant going on.

CFC is having pretty nice success in CESA's back yard. DISA.....Bridge's back yard. Coast is a relatively new club....CSSC is relatively new.

Big Bang theory at work? Where everything collapses/condenses before exploding outward? St Giles/CESA merger and the BFA had a profound impact competitively a few years back. Now maybe.....all that consolidation is resulting in smaller, more flexible, more responsive teams/clubs?

Heck, I dunno. Could be all hooey. But where consolidation has been all the rage.....I think I see something else at work. The elimination of the middle guy. We'll have super clubs and highly flexible, personal niche clubs. Nothing in between.

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
I would bet to say that some from CFC played at CESA at one time or another..DISA? Bridge players that followed their coach..Your first year of existence and you put two teams in at the 17 and 18 age groups?Those players came from existing clubs..BFA,MPSC,SSC to name a few..The clubs are the same..just where the teams decide to play are different..As far as new clubs are concerned..Give it a few years and let's see what's produced at the younger age groups before we say there is a new dawn of soccer on the rise

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I don't know that anything is going to be produced. The new day of soccer that you refer to.....is maybe more team driven. Existing teams and coaches ...leaving Club A to form their own Club. Or join an existing snmall club who will leave them alone and let them run their team (s).

Quote:

I would bet to say that some from CFC played at CESA at one time or another..DISA? Bridge players that followed their coach..Your first year of existence and you put two teams in at the 17 and 18 age groups?Those players came from existing clubs..BFA,MPSC,SSC to name a few..The clubs are the same..just where the teams decide to play are different..As far as new clubs are concerned..Give it a few years and let's see what's produced at the younger age groups before we say there is a new dawn of soccer on the rise

corner kick
corner kick

SC Bulls are the old North Augusta Club. They are listed as GA-SC Bulls with teams in both states.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Aiken too, right?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard