Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
goal
goal
B
In younger days, still involved in the rec program I had the fortune of coaching a soccer team. Typical situation, I happened to have the time to volunteer, but never played the game. Anyway, there were evaluations on Saturday, all players rated A, B, C, D. First step in the draft was a consensus on the player ratings. Parity was provided during the draft by numbers of each ability level on the team, but selections were made based on that. The only spots committed prior to the "draft" were the coaches children, all others were in the pool. Pretty even games, but, it highlighted the coaches that had experience and ability to train the players.

Later, I had the opportunity to coach baseball. Again evaluations, but individual by the coaches. All players in the draft except coaches children. There was no parity, other than what was provided by the draft, which order was determined by drawing out of a hat. So what do you draft, pitching first, fielding first, hitting first, etc.

goal
goal
bear, that (rec soccer) sounds like it was pretty fair and equitable to me. the last year i coached rec ball, i have no idea how the teams were split up (but they did appear fairly even) but i made the decision to move on after some parents tried to pick a fight with one of the players on my team after the championship match (although she was a big girl for her age, i believe she was, maybe 9?)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard