U15 Boys CESA
U16 Boys CESA
U17 Boys CUFC
U18 Boys DSC

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I'm sorry but after seeing the results of today's state cup finals, I have to say how disappointed I am in CUFC. This is now the third fall state cup since the merger of CSC and NECSA, and they brought home ONE state cup?

The first year CESA was in existence, they won all eight of the fall state cups. Admittedly, they were lucky to win a couple of those that first year. However, they have won five or six of the eight fall titles in each of the three years since then.

Has CUFC ever won more than two of the eight fall titles in any of the last three years? I keep hearing how great this club is and I hear of thier top-notch directors and coaching staff, but outside of the 91 boys, where are the results? How long does it take? What am I missing?

Truth #111243 12/15/08 01:13 AM
goal
goal
what you're missing might depend on what your expectations are. what are they?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
My expectations are simple. If you have this great club with a large pool of players from which to select your top level teams, and you have all of these A and B license coaches who are supposed to be so good; then win more state cups.

I guess I am missing the reason why they don't win more. What is the reason? If I'm not mistaken, CUFC is in a larger metropolitan area than CESA. CUFC has had 3 years to do what CESA has done every year with regards to winning state cup titles, and they haven't done it once or even come close. What is the reason for it?

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
The merger of Columbia and NECSA does not mean instant titles..It does make the player pool larger and given time and development..we should see results BUT I think it is unfair to compare CUFC to CESA..Because the CESA merger was from two of the strongest clubs in the state..that being GFC and St.Giles and secondly CESA is run differently than any other club in the state..Is your child's team better now than before the merger? Is your child getting better training than before the merger? These are the questions you should be asking yourself..If not..then you should be talking to the top notch directors about your expectations..

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
How many kids travel from Columbia area to play for CESA..I know of at least seven or eight kids that travel from the lowcountry..CESA attracts players from all over the state and probably from N Carolina and Georgia because of their location..And I would guess that most making the trip there are pretty good at what they do..It's going to take time to even the playing field..I know the Columbia area is large but losing players to CESA will have an effect on the player pool

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
So how much time shoul it take?

I am reading the CUFC mission statement and vision statement on their website. it says "we will be the most recognized state youth soccer organization of choice fostering competition, creating opportunities and encouraging participation at every level of play." If I were interested in competing at regionals and I am not a 91 boy, how long do I have to wait before the most recognizable club in the state offers me that opportunity?

It is stated that the objective of the board of directors and the coaching staff is to "constantly improve your club". What have they done in the last three years to improve the club for the player who would like to win the state cup and go to regionals? How long will it take before the club improves to the level of success in this area that CESA achieves every year?

I'm sorry for comparing CUFC to CESA, but I'm not the only one. I am of the school of thought that if I were paying money to a club and I saw another club providing the service that I want at a more frequent and consistent rate, I would ask questions. There are people in this forum that seem to know a whole lot about CUFC and CESA, so I thought I would throw it out there and ask.

Truth #111248 12/15/08 02:36 AM
C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
I guess you could always make that trip upstate but that's not the answer you are looking for..Soccer is taught throughout the state..No one should have to make that trip.Harry, You are just going to get people's opinions on this site..No sure answers..I would talk to those within your club about your concerns..Five out of eight tiles is pretty impressive and the three CESA did not win..They finished second..They are definitely the benchmark for the state

Truth #111249 12/15/08 02:38 AM
H
goal
goal
H
My reading of your other posts suggests that you are a CESA guy. CESA had a great year in State Cup. Congratulations. CUFC had some disappointments. It happens. With a few exceptions, most of the games were very competitive, and on a different day might well have had a different result.

I'm a CUFC guy. There are things about our club I would change if I was in charge. There are certainly things about CESA that I don't like (some I've talked about here, and others that I haven't, and won't). At the end of the day, we all know that we're chasing CESA when it comes to state cup wins. That's fine. We'll do things our way, you do things your way. As long as the kids are having fun and have the chance to improve to the best of their ability, it's all good.

BTW - there's a name for posters like you - "concern troll."

My son's on the CUFC U-17 Boys - I'm happy tonight and your "concern" can't change that!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I'm not trying to change the fact that you're happy tonight. I'm also not "concerned", and never said that I was. I am disappointed in the number of state cup titles, and to be honest, the number of finals that CUFC was in. If I am not mistaken, they were in four of the eight finals and didn't have a team in the U-18 final four.

I'm not at all "concerned" about this. I just would like to hear an explaination. I'm impressed by your son's team and their success. One poster offered a possible explaination of CESA's success as having to do with players leaving Columbia and the lowcountry to come to CESA. Your son's team has succeeded despite players leaving the team to play elsewhere. So there must be another reason for the continued success of CESA and the relative low number of titles for CUFC. I would just like to know what it is.

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard