Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
hat-trick
hat-trick
I definitely would not underestimate White Knoll. Probably their best three players missed most of last season with injuries. These three should be returning and, if they stay healthy, some very talented freshmen may help them contend for a playoff spot. If they should sneak into the playoffs, it would be their first playoff appearance since 2002 when they lost in the AAA quarterfinals to the eventual state champion, Dreher.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I agree WK will be much improved. In there second match last year they only lost 1-0 to Lexington. I was at the match and Lexington basically fielded the team that will take the field this season. They had to bring on kira Campbell in the last 10 minutes to decide the match.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
I think that DF is definitely the team to beat. They have won 3 region championships in a row (2006 didn't count only because a rule violation the Saturday before the official first day of practice). We look forward to the competition in the new Region alignment!!!

F
goal
goal
F
I still say Aiken High is alphabetically head and shoulders above every team in that region!!! When the initial region standings come out on scsoccer.com, before actual play has begun, you just click that link to Region V-AAAA and see who is in first place - AIKEN HIGH! If there's one thing Aiken High ALWAYS does well, it's starting the season in the catbird seat.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Great prediction Ryan! And I'll go out on a limb and predict that, "when the initial region standings come out on scsoccer.com, before actual play has begun," Dutch Fork will be in 2nd place.

throw in
throw in
ScottW I think the key to DF this year will be if they keep their best 11 out there and let them play. I saw them a couple of times last year in big games and they made wholesale substituions regardless of the game situation

Nothing is Impossible
hat-trick
hat-trick
The Region 5-AAAA race should be very exciting to watch this year. Five of the eight teams are being mentioned in other threads about rankings. Will one team dominate or will they all end up with at least two or three region losses after beating each other up?

This may not mean anything for 2009, but here are their records against each other in 2008:

Lexington 9-0
N. Augusta 5-3
Dutch Fork 3-2
Irmo 5-5
Aiken 3-5
RNE 0-2
White Knoll 0-8
OW 0-0

Lexington beat DF once and won twice each against Irmo, Aiken, NA, and WK
N. Augusta lost twice to Lexington, split with Irmo, and won twice each against Aiken and WK.
Dutch Fork split with Irmo, lost to Lexington, and beat RNE twice

One would think there would be some different results in 2009 among the first three teams above. From what I understand, Lexington lost about 10 to graduation while NA & DF lost only one or two each. The Silver Foxes are returning a ton of Premier League experienced players including their goalkeeper who missed much of the 2008 season with a knee injury. So these first three could possibly be reversed in order in 2009 while Aiken or Irmo could could figure into the top three mix as well.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

I agree WK will be much improved. In there second match last year they only lost 1-0 to Lexington. I was at the match and Lexington basically fielded the team that will take the field this season. They had to bring on kira Campbell in the last 10 minutes to decide the match.

It may take Lexington a few games to get used to playing without Kira, but I would not count them out. DF has the most back and should be the favorite, but I noticed the comment about a couple of DF girls going to Irmo???

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

It may take Lexington a few games to get used to playing without Kira, but I would not count them out.

In addition to getting used to playing without Campbell, they also have to get used to playing without Johns, Marshall, Adams, Rutland, Billesbach, Hall, Golay, etc.

But I agree that you can't count Lexington out with the talent pool they have to draw from. They have Wyrick (R3PL) returning along with Ball and several other players from the LCSC U18 team that was a semi-finalist in the Challenge Cup.

throw in
throw in
Peabody: What's Irmo got this year. Do they have a keeper? I know about the big injury

Nothing is Impossible
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard