Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#111730 01/06/09 02:38 PM
G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Do SC coaches split the teams evenly or is the number 1 team stronger? What about other states? The team lists look long, did all of these kids attend a try out?

H
goal
goal
H
You'll get different answers from different coaches. Even then, you'll just have to judge for yourself. I've seen groups divided in ways that were supposedly balanced, but clearly weren't. What matters more is that my experience has been that kids from both teams end up making the final squad. So, either way, it seems that the coaches are actually evaluating everyone.

goal
goal
i agree. i have seen times when it was "obvious" that there was an "a" and a "b" team. i have also seen when the coach(es) would put their best attackers on one team and their best defenders on another (not sure where they put the midfielders ). and also, like happy mentions above - when they have completely mixed it up. that is frustrating to watch, because you just know that south carolina could do better against other states' teams if our coaches had an "a" and a "b" team. but, i suppose, the main purpose of those matches is not to win, per se, but to narrow the list down to just one team.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

The team lists look long, did all of these kids attend a try out?

Where can one find the team lists?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

Where can one find the team lists?

The list has not been posted online at the SCYSA website to date. The players who were selected received an email listing all of the players chosen. I don't believe a list has been posted online anywhere yet.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

ODP state, Regional,and National is a keep your options open system. The best players available at anytime can be inserted into a team. It's good in that it doesn't let anyone rest and believe they've made it.

goal
goal
yep. i had someone tell me the other day that a region coach told him that as soon as a player makes the residency program in bradenton, they are already looking for his replacement. basically an affirmation of what you just said. it can be taken away just as quickly as it is given, so just because you make it to that level, you'd better be prepared to fight for your place (although i would hope that anyone making it to that point would already BE a fighter, but you never know...)

M
bench
bench
M
Teams are divided - Team 1 being the "A" team and Team 2 being the "B" team. This is my 4th round with ODP and it has always been this way.

M
bench
bench
M
Checked several schedules with boys, girls and different age groups. It looks like SC1 team plays NC1, TN1 and GA1 teams. SC2 teams play NC2, TN2 and TN3 and GA3 and GA2 as well as some younger age groups. It is very obvious they are seperating them to improve outlook of games.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Teams were divided almost totally by alphabetical order. Late signees were added to the same team. They were not divided by ability. This is on the girls side. I wish they would have done so a little bit but that is not the case. They were told it was being done that way and that the results did not matter. This was being viewed as a try out and all the girls would get about the same playing time. Not what the other states do but remember this is South Carolina.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard