corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Can reply about 94 SC1 boys:

Lost NC2 0-1 but outplayed NC and should have won
Lost VA2 2-3 worst should have been tie
Tie GA2 0-0

Better results than last year.

I'm sure losing 3 to the Academy didn't help!

Did you get a feeling of how the 94's were split?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Did any SC girls teams win a match last weekend?

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Looking at the results one must wonder why SC insists on taking two teams (at each age group) to these events???

Expensive Tryout.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Looking at the results one must wonder why SC insists on taking two teams (at each age group) to these events???

Expensive Tryout.

where are the results

H
goal
goal
H
The "results" are immaterial. This isn't a tournament. I can't say how other states view this event, but SC uses it as part of its ODP tryout process - nothing more, nothing less. It gives the coaches an opportunity to see much more than they can in a two hour session.

So - don't worry about how we fared against the other states. What matters (at least in this context) is how we fare against the other states at Region Camp and in the Regional ODP Tournament.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I totally agree with HappyDaddy. To try to gauge sub region results from year to year is crazy. Who knows the answers to several questions including: Did the coaches change from your state or other states? They may have different views on what they want to get out of sub regions. Did "key" players from your state or other states move to a Academy team? Bridge Academy Players no longer playing odp have had an impact on SC. How many teams does your state have at sub regions? How are the teams structured from year to year.

I remember one year beating a Tennessee team like a drum. The following year felt really good going into the game only to be taken to the shed by them. Still don't have a real answer for it. Let's just say they were not the same team from the previous year.

So I totally agree with HappyDaddy - how we fare at sub regions is not really all that important. It is simply a part of the odp tryout process.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I don't need sub regional's, or regional's, to know SC is weaker than NC or GA - no matter what year it is!

The point is why send everyone to GA or NC, paying hundreds of $$$$, for an extended tryout??

PS: I heard Sundays games in Georgia were 2x25min (only one game played).

L
Goal
Goal
L
because we can

H
goal
goal
H
While this is has been thrashed around before, it is worth mentioning again that it isn't fair to compare state teams from states with such population differences. NC and GA both have populations more than twice that of SC. Pool size is hugely important. I happen to think that the fact that we are competitive with their state teams speaks very well of SC soccer.

Why not look at the fact that we consistently do better than LA, AL, TN, etc., states of similar size?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Expensive Tryout.

My son participated in the sub-regionals for the first time, was on a 'Team 2', and it was a very worthwhile experience for him, well worth the $250 for our purposes. The coaches for the 96s were excellent and handled it all very professionally. I, for one, am glad they "insisted" on taking 2 teams.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard