Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Thanks to a cancellation of a certain team (cough...cough...SCARED...cough), South Aiken has an opening for a scrimmage. michaely@aiken.k12.sc.us if interested or michaelyoung247@gmail.com if the server returns your email.
----------------------------------------------------

I guess most of you know that I was the one that had to cancel my road trip to Aiken because we have cancelled all non-essential matches on the road and we are looking at more cuts this year. Heck, if the state legislature doesn't change the current funding structure we will have even deeper cuts next year.

So, are some of you facing the same problems? How are you dealing with money issues. I know of one coach that had a wine and cheese party to raise money, what do the rest of you do? I know some states have gone to pay-for-play and I REALLY hope we aren't moving in that direction!

S
goal
goal
S
CJ:
You have one soccer parent on the team that would have no trouble underwriting all the travel money, you know who it is, just ask. Heck, he loves to spend money. ha ha

World Cup
World Cup
That school has more money than the whole lower state combined!

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

CJ:
You have one soccer parent on the team that would have no trouble underwriting all the travel money, you know who it is, just ask. Heck, he loves to spend money. ha ha

Sweet,
That’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Only time will tell
S
goal
goal
S
Mavs soccer Dad:
Ouch!

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
My parents are fantastic and are sporting the bill for travel to two tournaments and a pre-season trip to the beach. I just hate asking them for more when they already do so much.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Besides, I am bringing this topic up as a teacher more than as a coach. Things are really bad and it won't be long before districts take a long look at the money going into sports.

brace
brace
We were hurting before the financial crunch. I have 47 names of kids who are coming out, and only 17 have been able to raise the $32 school insurance money so far. It is sad to watch.

We are going to sell Krispy Kremes (they give them to you for $3 I believe, and you sell them for $6). Plan on raising $500 (I'll probably eat $300 worth).

Boys had a car wash last year at a Chic Fil A and raised $400. You have to being hoses, etc. but they furnish the water. And they give coupons out for people who support you.

We are also going to sell team t-shirts (at cost to team members) which will probably bring us about $10 per shirt and could be a big assist.

Any other ideas, bring them on.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett don't live at Blue Ridge.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Any other ideas, bring them on.

Ask Byrnes High School ... they just hired their old Football coach as the new Offensive Coordinator --- paying him 90K!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
We have a chicken dinner every year...we sell tickets for $7. Includes leg quarter, cole slaw, roll, dessert. We get chicken at cost (13 boxes for $234). Last year we made about $4000. It seems to work good on Sunday afternoons because the churches seem to buy a lot of plates.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard