Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I've seen increasing presence in the lowcountry for a number of years and even lost training space last year to Lacrosse which royally pissed me off. Having said that, not bitter and I encourage any sport or activity that girls enjoy and provides a healthy, competitive arena for our youth. Interesting data here that confirms this growth Lacrosse Participation

As a youth girls soccer coach for number of years (today U12) I have seen several talented soccer players move to the sport and expect to lose one of mine in the spring as more programs are emerging in MP and Daniel Island. Again not bitter, just the way it is.

More reason to look for new talent elsewhere to fill the void (and I don't mean agressive recruiting) and continue to grow our sport.

Good luck to all your programs with funding and this includes soccer and Lacrosse

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The biggest problem this will cause is the lack of practice space. God knows they will not build soccer a new facility so that they have their own space. High schools will add any new program they can as long as it doens't interfere with football or football practice space. I think they should play lacrosse here in the fall to avoid all the other outdoor spring sports.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
hat-trick
hat-trick
Although similiar games were played by Native Americans all over North America, I believe the modern form of Lacrosse has grown out of the version which was played by the Iroquois in what is now Ontario and New York. The game was first documented by Europeans in the 1600s.

world cup
world cup
It is the national sport of Canada.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
BTW, 2009-2010 is the first year that Lacrosse will be played as a sanctioned SCHSL sport.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Irony here is that when we first announced that we are building new athletic fields in the lowcountry, I received inquiries about field sharing and rental within days from, yes you guessed it, a Lacrosse group. Guess they don't get much love either.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Having played Lacrosse in High School (in NJ), I can say without a doubt what an awesome sport it is and that it is only going to be getting bigger and bigger. It's a great sport and a lot of fun. I think the HSL needs to look into making soccer a fall sport like it is in most states, so kids can have the choice of playing Baseball or Lax in the spring. I know people will complain about soccer in the fall because of Football, but if most states do it, why can't we?

world cup
world cup
Excellent point.

I heard the SCHSL was looking at making Lax a winter sport, and having the kids play Nov-Feb, same time as basketball and wrestling.

Cold!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Anyone else remember when SOCCER was a winter sport? Back in the days before Under Armor and the such?

tk

Tony King
Goal
Goal
Lacrosse needs to be a winter sport along with basketball and wrestling.

Victory Starts Here!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard