Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Brace
Brace
That must've been cool to talk to him one on one. He did a lot for soccer in this country. That whole 1990 team did.

Yes, including a "kick save by Vanole" ... R.I.P.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
world cup
world cup
Before Howard.....
Before Friedel.....
Before Keller......
Before Meola......

He was the Man!

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=8461

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
kick off
kick off
P
I am clueless when it comes to the relationship between SCHSL and the various school districts, but it seems to me that the governing body should be involved. Would it be possible for the SCHSL(read: coaches and/or players) to seek out a state-wide corporate sponsor for soccer? It could be a grocery store chain, sporting goods stores, or maybe one of the many insurance companies that are based in the state; Any company that would have an interest across SC. Then take those monies and divide them equally among the schools. Maybe its only $500-$1,000 per school initially, but I have to believe your programs could make good use of it.

Every club, college, and professional team has a clothing sponsor(Nike, Rebok, Adidas) and other local sponsors.

I understand that advertising is designed to create a ROI, but surely there are companies out there who want to reach your students and their families.

Maybe the SCHSSCA would be more appropriate so the funds could be specifically for soccer.

Just a thought,

Last edited by pitchparent; 01/06/10 10:50 AM.
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Sorry Pitchparent, but that wouldn't work. The individual school districts have corporate sponsors (i.e. Pepsi). Almost all corporate sponsorships are for football purposes. Alot of schools do get sponsors for their soccer programs, but do this on there own. I don't think the school systems would go for this when they can make way more money working at the individual level. Why would a school like Byrnes do this? They already get their football team taken all over the country by Nike. There is probably clauses in some of the school districts contracts with those companies preventing it.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Sorry Pitchparent, but that wouldn't work. The individual school districts have corporate sponsors (i.e. Pepsi). Almost all corporate sponsorships are for football purposes. Alot of schools do get sponsors for their soccer programs, but do this on there own. I don't think the school systems would go for this when they can make way more money working at the individual level. Why would a school like Byrnes do this? They already get their football team taken all over the country by Nike. There is probably clauses in some of the school districts contracts with those companies preventing it.

I would agree to part of this. Most corporate sponsorships athletic in nature are for football. Baseball and basketball from time to time. However, I don't think the sponsorships in general are football dominated. South Aiken had Adidas sponsor the basketball team for two years when Tony Kitchings was here. Pepsi is now the school sponsor and provided the athletic department as a whole with equipment as part of the deal.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard