throw in
How was the boys turnout?

Nothing is Impossible
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Player/parent turnout was excellent!!! My son is a 9th grader and I didn't see one coach at either of his games. Not one.

He's a 9th grader so I really don't care....but he and the other kids noticed that there were no coaches there.

Great jacket.....his comment was, "well, at least I got this coat!"

From a playingf perspective.....what a lot of fun!!! Level of play of both 9th grade teams was excellent!!! My son's team had a rough/disoranzied 1st half, coach obviously said the right things at half because from then on they played very well...organized, ball on the ground, play thru the middle of the field. Second game.....was a blast. Kids played a 10th grade team and won....and played great together.

They all know each other thru competing and ODP and stuff...and they commuincated very well on the field..talking to each other constantly. A lot of the parents know each other and enjoyed the time as well.

Great day!!! Just didn't see any college coaches. So 1/4th of my Chico graph is complete. 9th grade time spent by college coaches = 0.

throw in
throw in
I guess that can be expected. My guess would be that more coaches were looking at 2010's, then 2011s. Sounds like is was worthwhile overall.

Nothing is Impossible
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
There were a few coaches that wandered over during the last game betweend the class of 2011/2012. I would say they probably were there to watch the 10th graders. The time will come for the class of 2012. It was overall a great day of soccer.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Quote:

I guess that can be expected. My guess would be that more coaches were looking at 2010's, then 2011s. Sounds like is was worthwhile overall.

Definetly worthwhile.

During our first game some local yingyangs drove by on Anderson Ridge Road and shouted out soccer sucks, or some such words of wisdom.

The more often we get kids from around the state who love the game and play it fairly well.....to get together and play for fun, the healthier the game will be. Because God knows right now we don't live in a culture that puts a lot of value on soccer. Most of our kids don't have neighborhood buddies that they can go get a pickup game going, as they do for football or bball.

Thanks again to the CESA folks for organizing a fun day. Will be anxious to hear how it goes for the girls....my wife made the trip today with my daughter.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The talent pool exceeded my expectations. The games were very competitive. I saw approximatly what appeared to be 20 coaches gathered before the games. They were given information booklets... which let me know when they stood on the sidelines who the coaches were. Yes, they were there and some were watching very closely.

Great job to CESA for the event. The only downfall was the clouds during the second games.

L
bench
bench
L
does anyone know what the ncaa clearinghouse is?

Brace
Brace
You must register with the ncaa clearinghouse if your child has any desire to play at the college level. ACT/SAT should be sent and HS transcripts are required.

https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/student/index_student.html

Rick Fielden
brace
brace
First class combine. Each of our players felt that they were treated royally and that the coaches they hoped would watch did. I noticed that all coaches seemed to be there at 8 tonight when it got over. Pretty classy all around.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
L
Goal
Goal
L
yep, 1st class. they/cesa (andrew, pearse, nick)know how to do it right.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard