Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Scrimmages of Interest

Sure, there are other scrimmages between ranked teams, but the following were chosen based on their interest factor alone...

Feb 9th
South Aiken vs Lakeside
Who has the best girls team in the CSRA? We may just find out tonight...

Blue Ridge vs Travelers Rest
Blue Ridge wants to be ranked, bad, Travelers Rest should be a good early litmus test of how hard (or easy) that may be.

February 10th
Northwestern vs Southside Christian
Both teams were down last year, which one has taken the biggest step towards legitimacy? We may find out tonight.

February 12th
Emerald vs Seneca
Emerald lost a trio of All-State players due to graduation, Seneca may surprise some teams in 2009 if they stay healthy.

Lexington vs Brookland-Cayce
Posters keep saying Lex is down this year, with so many high level club girls is that even possible? BC is a stern test for two strong Cola teams.

Riverside vs Wren
Riverside lost a bunch of stars, but probably has a premier league player to fill every spot. Wren is without Hannah Gmerek for the first time, which skilled youngster can filled her shoes?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
great slate of games...I agree this could be an early statement game for Blue Ridge.

I admit I may have to go watch the Riverside/Wren game...not that I would be scouting my R1 rival.
I just enjoy good soccer!

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
A Question for Dale, was your match with Lakeside a regular season match for them? In the past I have scrimmaged teams from Georgia, and while it was still an exhibition match for us, it was a real game for them. Either way, 3-1 sounds like a good competitive match against a very strong GA opponent.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
And where is Retired, Old, and Happy with an indepth recap of the Blue Ridge-Travelers Rest match?

Was the game not played?

World Cup
World Cup
Yes, it was a match for them.

Scrimmaging Georgia teams is very beneficial. When you are trying to evaluate certain players, you always get their best shot. You don't have to worry about 2's on 1's or anything like that.

They were a quality team (#10 in AAAA) and played very attractive soccer. We had some young players impress, and have a deeper bench than expected. Looking forward to Thursday's match (another SC-scrimmage GA-match).

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Gotta remember Ryan, he's an old man and he needs his rest in the morning.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
True, true..

How about word of the Riverside vs Christ Church match?

It's too quiet.

corner kick
corner kick

Riverside won 4-0

Only time will tell
brace
brace
BR 1, TR 1. True scrimmage with a lot of young kids playing. TR had two of their best out and we were missing 4 starters for basketball. Good scrimmage between the kids who were there, but it was a scrimmage.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
goal kick
goal kick
I know it hasn't been posted, but wanted to report...
Ben Lippen - 1
Ridge View - 0

Great match between two similar and equally matched teams. BLS senior Carrie Settle scored the lone goal around the 76th minute. Great play from everyone on both teams! New BLS Keeper, 8th grader Merry Anna Cates, pitched a shutout with 13 fabulous saves...bright future for this girl! Excellent effort from everyone and a fun game to watch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard