Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Quote:

TugJobber, the site that you linked was the SCYSA league site for the Fall 2008 Season. The season just completed. CUFC has no responsibility for updating this site. The data is entered at the start of each new season and deleted when the next one starts.

Well I'm assuming that cufc doesn't have a U-18 Spring squad.

That is their roster from the most recent season. Make no mistake, I was simply posting the news, not saying anything about CUFC. It's not their fault privileged kids who happen to be soccer players break the law for the 2nd straight year.

Puttin A's on B's
H
goal
goal
H
I missed the part in "the news" where mention was made of where (or whether) these kids played soccer. It passing strange to me that anyone would read about this and even think about soccer, to say nothing of posting it on a soccer website.

throw in
throw in
Looking back at the issue in Mount Pleasant where the kids robbed the Food Lion and Subway, they were recommended for expulsion from Wando HS.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Quote:

I missed the part in "the news" where mention was made of where (or whether) these kids played soccer. It passing strange to me that anyone would read about this and even think about soccer, to say nothing of posting it on a soccer website.

Just wanted to make sure that if criminals were again to be on the soccer field in 2009 like they were in 2008 that at least they were known!

Puttin A's on B's
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

What is CUFC's policy on players who run afoul with the law?

Columbia United FC Select Players’ Off-Field Code of Conduct

Excerpt:
I will not steal other persons’ property at any time or otherwise commit a crime at any time, place or location. I understand the club has a zero-tolerance theft and crime policy which forbids stealing or committing a crime. In the event it is determined by school officials, law enforcement or any coach of this club, that I have taken another’s property with intent to steal it or to have otherwise committed a crime, I fully understand I will be suspended for a minimum four consecutive matches inclusive of training, practice and all club activities for a first offense, and one full season for a second offense. After each suspension, I shall be required to enroll in and commence participation in a pre-trial intervention program before I am able to return to play soccer for Columbia United FC.

H
goal
goal
H
I think that you know not of what you speak.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I don't think club should even be an issue at this point. Club season for most high school players at CUFC is in the fall, high school is the focus right now. I am sure CUFC will take appropriate action if they deem it necessary. I have heard conflicting reports on where these boys play their club ball anyway.

As far as the high school goes, I would think they would be suspended until the matter is resolved. But that is just my two cents. I hope that somehow these guys have learned an important lesson no matter the consequences.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think these young men will get their day in court.The fact that they played soccer plays no role in the crimes they are accused of..They could of been boy scouts..makes no difference

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

I think these young men will get their day in court.The fact that they played soccer plays no role in the crimes they are accused of..They could of been boy scouts..makes no difference

Absolutely agree. Worrying about whether 'criminals' are on the soccer field is silly. Look at college, professional sports, how many 'criminals' are out there who are at the top of the game, millionaires, etc. So many different standards being applied that it makes my head spin. I liked the comment about how 'boys' are stupid. I've been telling that to my daughters since they could talk. This is just another example I point to. These guys have two paths, they really take a hit that could ruin their lives, or by the grace of God they get a chance to turn it around and only have to suffer lifelong guilt (hopefully).

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Just wanted to make sure that if criminals were again to be on the soccer field in 2009 like they were in 2008 that at least they were known!

Mercy - are we using this as an attempt to bad mouth CUFC as an organization?

Just like any soccer club, high school band, place of employment and even your local church unfortunate incidents will occur and bad apples will appear. As a society we are much too quick to sterotype the church as a whole when the secretary embezzles money. Is it warranted?

It would be my guess every soccer club in the state from time to time will have a couple of bad apples - especially the larger clubs - the law of averages would say the more kids the better chance.

From what I have witnessed CUFC is just like any other soccer club - full of kids who love and respect the game who are great kids away from the pitch as well.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard