Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Goal
Goal
Another black eye for Richland School District One!

50th for a reason!
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Doesn't really make much of a difference what club they play for as that was in the past. I'm simply bringing up the fact that soccer is not excluded from "extra curricular activities" simply because these children come from a privileged life-style. I was more hinting at the high school aspect because that's the season we're actually in right now in case you forgot.

Will they be allowed to play? Should they? It seems like something like this has reared it's ugly head in HS soccer for a few years now. The trend is the type of kid and family life. I'm tired of people who things trying to take things from others. It's the worst sort of crime IMO! Plus, it's embarrassing to the sport and the area.

Parent better, teach better, BE BETTER

Last edited by TugJobber; 02/13/09 05:26 PM.

Puttin A's on B's
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

For whatever reason, the team at least one of them played for is out-dated on the CUFC website. The roster they have for that age group is a year old. I figured a club with that much bling bling could update their website a little bit but hey, the economy's tough.

Some simple research found this:

http://www.scyouthsoccer.net/teams/11108019/11406751-11108103/TEAM.html

12 from the top. Enjoy.

TugJobber, you said in a later post "Make no mistake, I was simply posting the news, not saying anything about CUFC." If you were not saying anything about CUFC then what is the "bling bling" comment about.

Hey, it's not rocket surgery!
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

... The trend is the type of kid and family life. I'm tired of people who things trying to take things from others. It's the worst sort of crime IMO! Plus, it's embarrassing to the sport and the area.

Parent better, teach better, BE BETTER

Yeah, this is worst than defrauding thousands of people out of their investments, trafficking in narcotics, murder, rape, assault, child molestation and so many of the other minor crimes.

You imply these kids weren't parented well. Do you know any of them? All parents can do is try to teach a child how to act and instill good values. It is up to the child to carry out what they've been taught. If their parents are heading up criminal sydicates and the child turned out to be a model citizen, would they have failed in their parenting job? My guess is the parents taught them well, they didn't fail the child. More appropriately, the child failed the parent. It happens to a majority of families to some degree. And embarassing to the sport? Come one, it's shocking to the community but embarassing to the families and friends.

H
goal
goal
H
I'd prefer to not have to be subjected to [his] incoherent drivel - so I hope your question was rhetorical.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
A similar incident occurred in the low-country at a school I won't mention at this time.
The soccer player on the team stole from various people at various times. The school suspended the student for 1 week since 1 of the incidences occurred on school property. The school also stated that the students athletic career in the district was over - no more sports of any kind for the remainder of that students attendance in the district. The police investigated and are recommending PTI.

The not playing soccer and missing his senior year is but a small punishment when associated with the punishment of potential jail.

* Interesting note: If a credit card was involved in any of the thefts by the Dreher students, that could changed the charges to that of a felony as credit card purchases go across state lines, making it a federal offense.

I personally think the 3 at Dreher need to be removed from the team permanently. They knew wrong from right and chose to do the crime - now do the time.

goal kick
goal kick
i couldn't agree more but i think playing soccer is the least of these kids worries right now.

M
bench
bench
M
Everyone is saying these boys play for CUFC but I'm pretty sure that one of them at least plays Congaree Rapids

S
kick off
kick off
S
I played with one of them this past season at CUFC, the others didnt even play i dont think.

L
Goal
Goal
L
if i were in their shoes i would look for support, thoughts and prayers from the soccer community. hating on them won't help 1 bit. hopefully, they will learn, come back stronger/better and productive from dealing with this terrible and serious situation. i cannot imagine what the parents are going through. i will hope for the parents to have strength, courage and confidence as they work through this dark and difficult time.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard