Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Brace
Brace
S
I am sure everyone does support them and does wish them the best. But they made the decision to steal not once, not twice, but 75 times. I hope they can move past this and be successful in life but they must be penalized for what they did. If it was 3 high schools kids goofing around and being dumb breaking into a car one time, that would be a completely different case.

Does anyone know if they are in school at the present time?

Last edited by soccer2103; 02/16/09 03:34 PM.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i say let them play.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
those kids should not be allowed to represent their hs team after that display of lawlessness

Goal
Goal
Quote:

i say let them play.

For what reason pray tell?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Ever wonder why you see so many news stories about college and professional athletes breaking the law, getting arrested, and both ruining their own careers and embarrassing their teams?

That kind of behavior doesn't just start after high school...but it continues because someone says, "Aw, let them play."

If the message we send young people is that they can make whatever bad decisions they want and still not lose the privileges that are important to them, then we are setting them up to lose much, much more in the future. I think we have a responsibility to let our players know that if they are to represent their schools and teams, they are accountable for their actions off the field as well as on it.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Brace
Brace
S
bottom line is playing high school sports is a privilege. I feel like they lost that privilege when they broke the law. I don't think it looks good for the school to start these 3 kids when you have other players on the team who abide by the rules and work hard to represent their team.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I am going to go out on a limb and say that soocer is the least of their worries right now..

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i was asked why i would let them play. first reason, innocent until proven guilty. second, innocent until proven guilty even if confess. third, they r boys and boys are inherently stupid, being a boy i outght to know. taking soccer away from them will not help them rehabilitate. they need something to feel good about as their choices were not good. if they were band members would u suspend them from the band? chorus? rotc? why should athletes be singled out? playing gives them an outlet that allows them to be boys again and enjoy something rather than a constant focus on what they did wrong. pti will wipe the slate clean and require them to make restitution, believe me i know. give them a break.

S
throw in
throw in
S
75!! That is absolutely ridiculous. They should have no chance at playing this season. You may get a second or third chance but not a seventy-sixth chance. They should be punished.

Brace
Brace
As far as I'm concerned, when a person confesses to the crime, they are guilty. They need hard time, not PTI - that's a slap on the wrist. One time is a mistake, 75 times is intentional, premeditated and heinous. They should be put into custody and left serve their time. There is no scenario in which this type of behavior should go unpunished. It ceases to amaze me how anyone could possibly make an excuse for their behavior. That's what is inherently wrong with our society today, we make excuses and pull the old "boys will be boys" act out to justify their actions. Shameful!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard