Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't say that we are clearly better than all the other private schools. We did beat BE but it was in a really close game that could have gone to either team. I dont know if BE has played Pinewood or PG, but we haven't. I would wait and see what happens at the Palmetto Cup to say who is the best.
Also, I think BC will make the semifinals. The tournament is home for them and they have always done well in the past. They know what it takes. Wait until after the tourny to decide who's the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tourny is fixed... BC is in the easy brackett...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't count out PG in that bracket. With Mark Owens in goal they can be very stingy on D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dorman will win it.Sorry B.England isn't there.Would have been a great match tween B.E.& Dorman.Best 2 teams in the state!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw where The Church beat B.E..THE CHURCH MUST BE FOR REAL, also not many other teams in the state could play with Eastside like they did.WHERE DO THOSE GUYS PLAY CLUB?MUST BE GFC.Still think that BE is the in the state though.Where was The Church/BE match?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have 4 guys who play at GFC, one who plays on Atlanta Fire, and a number who use to play for GFC, St. Giles, or Spartanburg. We played @BE. It was a really good game, BE's field is beautiful. We were lucky to pull of a win there and against Eastside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again,Heise has lined up a great tourney!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused. If Porter Gaud is 3rd behind CC and BE then why did they lose to Pinewood 2-1 and then lose to Beaufort Academy yesterday 1-0 while Pinewood beat up on Beaufort 4-1 last week.Seems to me that the much tauted PG team is missing something somewhere this year. Two losses in SCISA AAA this year may be all that is needed to end up on second behind Pinewood. Seems the Pinewood program is not getting the respect that it should. Additionally, CC is not in SCISA just like BE. The man did say # 1 in SCISA. He left out the AAA part. There is no way to know the best "private" school team due to the inclusion of private schools into the public league schedule as there is no head to head match ups. Gee, sounds like the National Football Championship mess in College. Lots of opinions, everybody has one, and no way to truely prove it on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good joke about Dorman winning it all. They have about 30 seniors on that team, but no leadership whatsoever. NONE. Put a decent team to play against them, and they crap their pants.
Watched 'em agaist Spartanburg yesterday. They score four goals, and still stay scared. Running around like chickes with their heads cut off.
I said it before, and i'll say it again. There is not enough luck in the whole world to see Dorman to any kind of championship.
Put them under pressuer, and they'll fall appart like a house of cards.

Brace
Brace
In fairness to the discussion regarding group play, it was originally BE, B-C, P-G, and Clover. When a diocease ruling disallowed BE from participating in events occurring after Ash Wednesday, Stall was the first team who committed to play in the tournament. The circumstances surrounding Stall's program this year led to their forfeiting the tournament games, and hence the tournament groups stand as they currently are.

Dutch Fork was invited. This is the first year they have not played in this tournament since its inception. The schedule provided to them by the Region dictated that they could not play in the tournament this year. Their presence is missed.

As for those who wish to post comments like 'this tournament is rigged', I am all for the rights and values granted to folks in this wonderful country. However, they need to check the historical record of competition played by ALL the teams in the tournament throughout its existance. In the past, B-C (and the others) at times played the number one team in the nation at this event, amongst numerous tournament and state champions from all different classifications. It was unfortunate that Bishop England was unable to attend this year.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard