Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I told y'all not to count out PG! [Wink]

Kevin and Kyle and David - Congratulations on a great tournament.

Brace
Brace
Porter Gaud beat Dorman 1:0 on a goal in the 37th minute which stood as the game winner. Great game by Mark Owens, PG's keeper who is going to PC, with 6 saves in 12 shots. Dorman outshot PG 12-4.

The Spring Valley v. Christ Church was also a great match. Late in the match, Luis Osorio for SV made a great back save via. header out of the goal mouth off a corner. Early in OT, he got through and put in a nice goal which stood as the game winner. They play in the championship tonight at 8 at The Cage at Brookland-Cayce.

The turf at The Cage is indeed showing wear, mostly at the seams between the original pitch and the replacement turf nearest to the touch line. We were very displeased with the revelation that the original construction of the pitch was so poorly done that the torrential rains and collapsed underground drainage system caused all that grass to die out ... All B-C soccer teams have played every home game on the road since those early downpours. What a drag.

Imagine if B-E had been able to attend as originally scheduled for that group. By the way, I am at Dist. Stadium with the other matches, but Kyle and I stay in touch w. the walkie-talkies. We are trying to keep everyone informed, but it is a little tougher today. The scores are updated for in-progress games as soon as we get the time. See Kyle's post earlier for those scores (on page 2 of this topic).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great job on this tourney guys. Best tournament around by far. i had a great time playing in it with all of the great teams. The fields were great, the reffs were good for the most part, and the games flowed well and started and ended on time. I even enjoyed watching the games while waiting to play. The SV/Atlee game was awesome and the PG/Dorman game was great today as well. We had a great battle with Summerville too. Keep up the good work guys and i hope to come back again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes PG won.
It was a great tourney. On the field, and here in the forum. I have to say one thing though. I don't think it was fair to Dorman that they had to play the 8pm game yesterday which lasted till at least 9:30, and then the 9am game this morning. After that one, they met a fresh PG team at 2pm. Can't take anything away from PG. They played well, and they have a very good keeper.

Brace
Brace
Your point is well taken, but Dorman elected to play in this manner due to the fact that this was not their week for Spring Break. This was done per the request of Coach Osorio based on their need for this type of scheduling concession. Finally, most of the other teams had to perform in a similar manner on either Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday.

Dorman will recover from the loss as they are an outstanding team and should figure into the mix as one of the favorites for the AAAA State Championship. We are just glad to be able to have gathered together these talented teams from several different public-and-private school classifications in one setting to provide such a competitive atmosphere.

J
world cup
world cup
J
does anyone know the name of the ref that was covering the far side of the field at the championship match? Tall guy, peppered hair, and I believe he has a british accent?

Brace
Brace
I believe you are referring to Barry Lee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT TOURNAMENT AT BC THIS WKEND

NEW RANKINGS OUT FOR "PRIVATE SCHOOLS":
1 PORTER GAUD
2 CHRIST CHURCH
3 PINEWOOD PREP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave Easley,
Great job on a great tournament; the soccer was tremendous. One comment on the SV-CC game; Luis' goal was tremendous, but I think it was Paddy Flynn, not Luis, who "got through" the defense. Also like to see more discussion of the team that won, SV, rather than which of the private schools in the tournament is the best - SV beat three of them - Pinewood, Christ Church and Porter-Gaud. Oh yeah, spoton, I know you hate the Northeast kids, but we would have beat BE if they were there, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JBO- I would expect some more objectivity from a former official. 1) There is no "Private School" league rankings on this very comprehensive web site, hence it is all a matter of your opinion. So--- I'll give mine of yours. You can't compare apples and oranges unless they meet head to head or have common opposition. PG and Christ Church never met but both lost to Spring Valley in this tournament. Pinewood has split it's two games with PG 0-1 and 2-1 and has not suffered the let down that PG did against Beaufort Academy losing 1-0 at home. Both Pinewood and Porter lost to Spring Valley in this tournament. All seems like a wash to me. You then need to revert to the SCISA rankings in in this forum and the rankings show #1 Pinewood at 12-3-1 and #2 Porter at 12-6 and if you respect this forums rankings, then Pinewood on the field is better than Porter. 2) To rank Porter ahead of Christ Church fails to recognize or accept that Porter clearly had the easiest route to the final 4 in this tournament and the easiest group. Stall, prior to forfieting all it's games was the worst AAA team in the state, loosing games 12 and 18 to 0 and was 0 and 7 or 8 prior to forfieting the rest of their season. B-C is #19 in AAA and Clover #23 after the tournament. For PG to have not reached the final 4 would have been unthinkable to most objective viewers. So to win 5-0 and 2-0 was not a tough challenge.
To then play an overconfident Dorman team who willingly set themselves up to play 2 games 3 and 1/2 hours apart and expect to beat a team who had played one less game than everyone else in the finals in a very fatigue filled tournament was a pleasant gift as well. Granted, objectively PG apparently played very inspired soccer against Dorman and the win was a true feather in that team's hat as Dorman was unbeaten this year prior to then. Dorman made a classic mistake of looking past a very good team that they felt they could beat because they weren't a "4A" team and should have been a walk over. 3) Christ Church beat the pants off of the #11 and 16 4A teams and the #2 3A team. A far greater achievment than beating # 19 and #23 3A teams. So objectively, not like an impassioned parent, it would seem to be 1- Christ Church, 2-Pinewood, 3- Porter Gaud. 4) To claim that Porter Gaud's defense has not gotten the respect it deserves over the past few years must be referenced towhat audience you are talking about. SCISA teams clearly know how good this defense is against other similary SCISA opponents. But if you are asking the people in this tournament to respect that defense , one must only look at the 2-13 record in this tournament over the past 4 years. This year they took a step to getting SCISA respected by the "big boys" with their showing but again, it was clearly the easiest route to the final four. Pinewood showed itself well taking on the #9 and 10 4A teams as well as a well recognized Atlee team. SCISA is up and coming, but until Pinewood and PG meet in the state tournament, Pinewood is currently #1, objectively speaking.

Kudos to BlackBlueWhite who correctly stated that there was no way Dorman would win the championship based on the way they were playing. He either really hates Dorman or knows his HS soccer.

PS What do you want to call Bishop England. They too are a private school who lost to Christ Church, beat Porter and has not played Pinewood yet. They are probably the true #2.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard