Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
S
kick off
kick off
S
I've never seen a high school player control the ball and field like Enzo did in the 07 State Final. Watching Spring Valley v. NW in the regular season last year confirmed that.

That said, I agree with some of what Joplin said, although not specifically to Enzo. In a match-up of a great forward and a great defender, I think the defender will win every time if the defender is disciplined and as quick/fast as the offensive player. There are exceptions, like Van Nisteelroy or Klinsmann who are either sublime finishers or great in the air, but in general a great goal scorer has to be quicker (or faster) than the defenders guarding him to consistently score.

The best player I've ever seen was Zidane, but if he'd had to play striker and consistently score goals I don't think he could have done that. But he can control the heck out of the field, like Enzo.

Last edited by SCSoccerFan8; 02/19/09 02:57 AM.
goal
goal
Quote:

Enzo is a good player, ive played against him a couple times and seen him play many times. I dont question his talent. He's going to UNC! But will he be able to produce the same results at the collegiate level?

No I don't think he will score 50 goals next year. HA

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
yes i have seen that to, but it usually doesnt happen a lot.

throw in
throw in
I've played against Enzo, and watched him play on a few occasions. He is by far one of the best players SC high school ball has seen... and this year he is definitely in the top 3. One of the things that makes him a great player is his quickness (on and off the ball), but that will be neutralized once he reaches the college level. Although I still believe he will have success, it might take him a few years to get used to the pace of the college game. If I were to pick one HS player that I feel would be the most successful when it comes to college it would be Antoine... he is more of a direct player which is exactly the type of soccer D1 schools play.

A
kick off
kick off
A
true... i would pick antoine over enzo for forward position

goal
goal
Antoine is an explosive player. But that is all I see out of him, call me crazy. He can take people on and has great speed but I don't think he will be more successful than Enzo at the collegiate level.

He is a great player and I hope he does well in his high school career and collegiate career.

A
kick off
kick off
A
enzo is a great player, but if i were coach i would put enzo on center mid and antoine for forward.. enzo will create so many chances.. and antoine to finish it.

goal kick
goal kick
Northwestern coach,

Don't you think you might have gone a little overboard on those stats. Man pride&tradition must have pushed the wrong button because you responded in an overboard manner. I mean there is no doubt Northwestern is a great team and Enzo is an amazing player, but do you really have to show the stats off like that. Why can't you just let stuff go.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
corner kick
corner kick
"I want the truth"

"You can't handle the truth"

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
corner kick
corner kick
Gerrard 15,
No buttons were pushed. Just had a few minutes to kill waiting on a meeting. There was no attempt to "show off". I simply had the answer to Pride's questions, so I answered them.
Looking forward to a great soccer season and some great matches!

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard