Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Enzo Martinez and the entire Northwestern team is overrated. What region is Northwestern in? Who do they even play? I wonder why Enzo scores 50 goals a season? IRMO WILL WIN STATE THIS YEAR!! Jah Bless Mon!

goal kick
goal kick
Well I don't agree with any of those statements. But since it is an opinionated topic I think that Joey Demare is overrated.

World Cup
World Cup
I liked when Joey made up a screen name to promote himself and then got busted about it

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Nah man sorry to get your hopes up but im not joey. My post was just an opinion, thats all Dale.

World Cup
World Cup
What? I was talking with woah about Joey.

goal kick
goal kick
Yeah we weren't talking about you pride and tradition. But yeah i remember that. People hype him up and i've seen him play on three different occasions and at neither one did he impress me. Maybe they were just off games though i dont know.

bench
bench
I saw Enzo and NW play last weekend...I had my doubts goin in, but they're definitely legit

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
goal
goal
Three state title appearances and two state titles the past three years. I'd say they're pretty legit!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
I have also seen northwestern play. I agree they are legit but i question their strengh of schedule. why doesnt NW schedule tougher out of region teams instead of beating up on scrub teams ?

goal
goal
Gotta agree about Joey DuhMareUhhhhhhhhhhhh! Never seen him do much. Northwestern is enjoying a dynasty and has the best playa from S.C. ever in Enzo.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
corner kick
corner kick
Pride and Tradition,
I understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is great. Here are all of Northwestern's non-region games over the last 3 seasons with the team's rank at the time of the game.
2006:
Dreher #8 AAA - Lake Murray
Irmo #3 AAAA - Lake Murray
Ben Lippen #2 SCISA - Lake Murray
Darlington UR AAAA - Non-Region
Dorman #13 AAAA - Non-Region
Summerville #14 AAAA - Palmetto Cup
Scoastee #10 AAA - Palmetto Cup
Daniel #3 AAA - Palmetto Cup
Brookland Cayce #8 AAA - Palmetto Cup
Farragut, TN #5 AAA - Palmetto Cup
Cardinal Newman #3 SCISA - Non-Region
Clover UR AAAA - Non-Region

2007:
Dorman #5 AAAA - Lake Murray
Dutch Fork #4 AAAA - Lake Murray
Irmo #6 AAAA - Lake Murray
Dutch Fork #4 AAAA - Lake Murray
Spring Valley #4 AAAA - Non-Region
Buford #10 AA - Non-Region
Brookland Cayce #8 AAA Non-Region
Pinewood Prep #1 SCISA - Palmetto Cup
Christian Brothers, TN #5 AAA - Palmetto Cup
Lexington #3 AAAA - Palmetto Cup
Dorman #8 AAAA - Palmetto Cup
Andrew Jackson #7 AA - Non-Region

2008:
Greenwood #11 AAAA - Lake Murray
Dutch Fork #9 AAAA - Lake Murray
Chapin #4 AAA - Lake Murray
Dorman #6 AAAA - Non-Region
Lexington #8 AAAA - Non-Region
Spring Valley #1 AAAA - Non-Region

That looks like 2 unranked opponents in 3 years for non-region play. Looks pretty solid to me. Northwestern cannot do anything about the region it is assigned to play in. Travel can sometimes be an issue in scheduling, but I can say that Northwestern has never turned down a game when called upon (at least since 92 when I became involved in the program).

As for 2009:
Wando #3 AAAA - Scrimmage
Bishop England #1 AA - Scrimmage
Dreher #13 AAA - Lake Murray
Other possible opponents at Lake Murray Dutch Fork #10 AAAA, Socastee #2 AAA, Chapin #6 AAA, Greenwood #8 AAAA, and Irmo #2 AAAA
Laurens UR AAAA - Scrimmage
Byrnes UR AAAA - Scrimmage
South Pointe #14 AAAA - Non-Region
Will play 2 ranked teams from Georgia and Alabama in Atlanta in the border Bash
Cardinal Newman #2 SCISA - Non-Region
Chapin #6 AAA - Non-Region
Rock Hill UR AAAA - Non-Region (Can't help the HSL took a cross town rival out of our region).
Andrew Jackson #6 AA - Non-Region
Wren UR AAAA - Non-Region

If you know of a team that wants to schedule NHS in the future and can't make contact with Coach Wren, I will be happy to assist.

Hope this clears up who NHS has played.

Good luck to all teams (overrated or not)!

kick off
kick off
D'oh!

Take that P&T

Homer no function beer well without
corner kick
corner kick
Pride and Tradition,
It took me a little while to get some information for you on how Enzo scores "50" goals a year. Besides being a very good soccer player on a pretty good team, here is how he did it:

2006 - Freshman:
16 goals in 10 region games
14 goals in 13 non-region games
7 goals in 5 playoff games

2007 - Sophomore:
29 goals in 12 region games
19 goals in 12 non-region games
8 goals in 5 playoff games

2008 - Junior:
33 goals in 14 region games
8 goals in 6 non-region games
9 goals in 5 playoff games

Hope I have answered all of your questions.

I love soccer season!

W
goal
goal
W
OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OYE OYYE OYE!

goal
goal
Good stuff Mr. Ahl. I was about to whip out some statistics also haha.

And Pride and Tradition, you are dumb. Really, really dumb.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
and how many of those goals did he score against a quality defense such as irmo? 1?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
yeah idk what your really thinking pride&tradition, but enzo is the best. ive seen him play during highschool and club. im pretty sure he scores against the best teams in the southeast. so he isnt overrated

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Enzo is a good player, ive played against him a couple times and seen him play many times. I dont question his talent. He's going to UNC! But will he be able to produce the same results at the collegiate level?

kick off
kick off
Quote:

and how many of those goals did he score against a quality defense such as irmo? 1?

How many did he have to score?
D'oh!

Homer no function beer well without
kick off
kick off
Greco i know enzo i a great player but if a team has a great defender like irmo and chapin did last year they can shut him down

S
kick off
kick off
S
I've never seen a high school player control the ball and field like Enzo did in the 07 State Final. Watching Spring Valley v. NW in the regular season last year confirmed that.

That said, I agree with some of what Joplin said, although not specifically to Enzo. In a match-up of a great forward and a great defender, I think the defender will win every time if the defender is disciplined and as quick/fast as the offensive player. There are exceptions, like Van Nisteelroy or Klinsmann who are either sublime finishers or great in the air, but in general a great goal scorer has to be quicker (or faster) than the defenders guarding him to consistently score.

The best player I've ever seen was Zidane, but if he'd had to play striker and consistently score goals I don't think he could have done that. But he can control the heck out of the field, like Enzo.

Last edited by SCSoccerFan8; 02/19/09 02:57 AM.
goal
goal
Quote:

Enzo is a good player, ive played against him a couple times and seen him play many times. I dont question his talent. He's going to UNC! But will he be able to produce the same results at the collegiate level?

No I don't think he will score 50 goals next year. HA

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
yes i have seen that to, but it usually doesnt happen a lot.

throw in
throw in
I've played against Enzo, and watched him play on a few occasions. He is by far one of the best players SC high school ball has seen... and this year he is definitely in the top 3. One of the things that makes him a great player is his quickness (on and off the ball), but that will be neutralized once he reaches the college level. Although I still believe he will have success, it might take him a few years to get used to the pace of the college game. If I were to pick one HS player that I feel would be the most successful when it comes to college it would be Antoine... he is more of a direct player which is exactly the type of soccer D1 schools play.

A
kick off
kick off
A
true... i would pick antoine over enzo for forward position

goal
goal
Antoine is an explosive player. But that is all I see out of him, call me crazy. He can take people on and has great speed but I don't think he will be more successful than Enzo at the collegiate level.

He is a great player and I hope he does well in his high school career and collegiate career.

A
kick off
kick off
A
enzo is a great player, but if i were coach i would put enzo on center mid and antoine for forward.. enzo will create so many chances.. and antoine to finish it.

goal kick
goal kick
Northwestern coach,

Don't you think you might have gone a little overboard on those stats. Man pride&tradition must have pushed the wrong button because you responded in an overboard manner. I mean there is no doubt Northwestern is a great team and Enzo is an amazing player, but do you really have to show the stats off like that. Why can't you just let stuff go.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
corner kick
corner kick
"I want the truth"

"You can't handle the truth"

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
corner kick
corner kick
Gerrard 15,
No buttons were pushed. Just had a few minutes to kill waiting on a meeting. There was no attempt to "show off". I simply had the answer to Pride's questions, so I answered them.
Looking forward to a great soccer season and some great matches!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Gerrard 15,
No buttons were pushed. Just had a few minutes to kill waiting on a meeting. There was no attempt to "show off". I simply had the answer to Pride's questions, so I answered them.

Ozzie, thanks for the statistics and FACTS for proving your point. Well done! Numbers in black and white do a lot more for me than hyperbole. Thanks for your contribution(s).

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Northwestern coach,

Don't you think you might have gone a little overboard on those stats. Man pride&tradition must have pushed the wrong button because you responded in an overboard manner. I mean there is no doubt Northwestern is a great team and Enzo is an amazing player, but do you really have to show the stats off like that. Why can't you just let stuff go.

Nothing like an enemy of cold, hard facts. Well done, Coach.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Northwestern coach,

hahahahahahaha @ this whine.

"can't you let stuff go!?!?!?!"

reminds me of my high school girlfriend.

NHSXCOACH just shot straight facts across your chin!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
HERES COMES THE FIRST ONE!#!#E!RR!!!!!!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
I
goal
goal
I
Only saw Enzo play once, but the only way the other team could slow him down was hack him from behind. I will not mention the other team, to protect the guilty. (region II AAAA team)

He had an outstanding work rate. Really stood out, versus the other team which had All state players on it. I am glad he is going to UNC.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
i cannot wait till the lake murray challenge to see these great teams play

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I find it hard to believe that his name is brought up in this thread..If you can not see the quality player in Enzo.You must just be envious of him.

goal
goal
Out here given the treatment on the message board!!!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Out here given the treatment on the message board!!!

Or as Ron Cherry would say - "giving him the business"

Youtube Maryland vs NC State - Ron Cherry - giving him the business referee

goal
goal
Everyone just needs to relax and have a nice evening at the gig!!

Brace
Brace
Enzo not only quality player but quality person!

corner kick
corner kick
And he scored 990 on the math portion of his SAT :-)

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1120699.html

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Now those are qualities that make a momma proud!

goal kick
goal kick
Why is Enzo in the post, he is not overrated, he is the best player in the state. i found some facts on him too

Januaray 28, 2009
Enzo ate lunch at Wendy's
2:30 PM Enzo touches a soccer ball.....

Just some facts I had before a meeting

S
Brace
Brace
S
I bet Enzo is loving this...

goal
goal
gerrard15 you gonna have Trojan Nation put your A on B!!!!

goal kick
goal kick
Yo Samuel,

I wanted to let you that I have played the Trojans and have not been beaten by the trojan. Therefore, Jackson I am gonna put E of F on the Trojan Nation. Also Enzo just touched a soccer ball, just another stat before one of my several meetings that I like to look up pages of soccer stats before I enter this crazy world.

goal kick
goal kick
By the way, soccer is number four on ESPN's top plays.

goal
goal
gerrard15, you are quite a smarta$$ aren't you. You got served so shut your mouth!

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/19/09 08:27 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
It makes you wonder if the guys who write the stories actually read what they write... 990 in Math?
the highest you can get is 800!!!! math, english and writing comes up to 2400...

To those who would put this individual down, you obviously have never met him. He is a quality young man and I am glad to see him do well in school.

goal kick
goal kick
As i am getting "served" and I shut my mouth, when i have not said a word just typed, The Real Henry, I wanted to let you know some not so new facts, Enzo scores goals, against really bad teams therefore he has a ton of goals, but then again Enzo scores goals against great teams which makes him a great player. I just think we can agree on something Enzo is not at all overrated and is the best player in this state. And I will not lie I am upset that he decided not to go to Clemson.

goal
goal
My apologies, I thought you insinuating that Enzo only scores against bad teams. Mr. Ahl simply showed the facts and I do not believe he was trying to go overboard my any means.. Enzo is a great player and a great person, which we both agree on.

I am glad he is attending UNC! I go to South Carolina and have been a Tarheel fan my whole life so I wish him the best on and off the pitch.

goal
goal
Kinda sad USC couldn't find a way for him to get in school!

Brace
Brace
Not possible to score 990 on SAT but the 1200+ is excellent.

S
bench
bench
S
Enzo is a great player and for sure, not overrated. Sounds like the one guy is an irmo.... I am an ex Irmo grad and it is a lot to talk about some one else in a dynasty. NW is a great team now, and has been the last couple of years...Irmo needs to step up and do something! get back to the glory days of being in the finals every year. The last senior class is the first EVER to go with out even playing in a State Final. Pick it up! This year is going to be a great! Cheers to NW as well!

W
kick off
kick off
W
What i do not understand is how can people honestly say ENZO MARTINEZ is over rated!? Are you crazy...? This whole website is people that are jealous of his talent. (IRMO) My Greenville team will not play him I don't think this year but he is unstoppable. And the whole NW team is incredible. A player can not be overrated if they produce way more talent than anyone in the state. And everyone who thinks that someone is overrated is probably because you just aren't as good.

kick off
kick off
Yea im with gerrard enzo just does score on bad teams. But i he shouldve gone to clemson

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
i'm sure he is really good... he is going to UNC. But i would not go as far as saying he is unstoppable thats taking it a little too far. can't wait to see NW to face a quality side at LMC should be great games for all

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/soccer/index

just in case you didnt know... northwestern will go undefeated..guaranteed

Last edited by Mike Bassett; 02/21/09 08:32 AM.
brace
brace
Enzo is possibly the best performer in boys soccer ever in this state. Ask anyone who you would chose first in a pickup game and it would be Enzo. Ask anyone who the game changer is in this state and it would be Enzo. This kid is phenomenal.

"Playa Hatas" are people without inner confidence. Take the negative garbage on this website about a truly great boys' soccer play and throw it where it belongs - in the trash.

I am a coach. 36 years. I would take Enzo in a skinny minute as would every intelligent coach in this world.

That kid is a player, and I love players.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
goal
goal
The people posting negative comments about Enzo have all posted less than a dozen times, have registered in the last several days and appear to have done so specifically to talk trash about him.

Their posts shouldn't even carry enough weight to spend the energy it takes to respond to....which I have just done...

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Personally, I think it's time to move on from Enzo being all there is to talk about in this thread. In fact as your parents hopefully taught you "if you don't have anything good to say about somebody don't say anything at all". Maybe this whole thread is useless.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Joey Demare is really overrated! He only has 5 goals in his first 3 games...

kick off
kick off
Enzo is a little overrated

goal kick
goal kick
I have no idea if he is still playing but the Brazilian kid from BC was not good and was really overrated. He scored goals yes, but they were against Swansea, so if he is still around he is overrated.

Goal
Goal
O god here we go again.

When is this kid's mommy going to put an end to his internet priveledges?

You think NHScoach had stats. Wait til Kyle or Kevin gets ahold of this. You'll be crying worse than you were before child.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I agree...this is a ridiculous thread. Unless the folks commenting on this post have attended all practices, games, club games, region III games and club tournaments,and can quote the stats not only from high school....but look @ premier league/Tournament stats over the last 4 years playing, and observe the work ethic, dedication, consistency that Enzo has shown, then perhaps you have may have an idea what it takes to be that good....

goal kick
goal kick
Shut^&play, as my mother is ending my internet privileges I am telling you that the kid was not good. And as I put my head down in shame for something I know as a fact. The only reason that kid got where he was last year was because the brothers that run the BC program were obsessed with him, so they made him out to be much better than he was. I am just telling you, there are MUCH better players in SC than this kid. I will never forget reading an article about how the Brazilian kid had scored so many goals, but he had played no good teams. It was terrible to have this kid on all state or the clash of carolina's (whatever one he was in) because he was not good enough to be there.

goal kick
goal kick
This is what I imagine Enzo to have been like as a child, this is a video from my heavy critic shut^&play on another thread. http://www.spike.com/video/6-year-old-soccer/3117441

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Just to throw this out there, the All-Region, All-Area, All-State, All-Palmetto Cup, and Super 22 Player you would be referring to is not playing this year.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Gerrad15 you missed on this one. the kid could play. flat out finisher. Not his fault swansea was in their region. 30 something goals is a lot of goals I dont care who you socre them against. Clemson sure doesnt care that austin savage scores 7 vs OW and Goose Creek(oops they lost to goose crrek, my bad) every time out do they?

corner kick
corner kick
Achmed hears his little bro might be playing for BC next year.
And since he is only a little better than his older brother, gerrard15 will have nothing to worry about.

goal kick
goal kick
As I said before the only reason this kid got all that he did was because of the BC brothers, they fell in love with him and got him every thing he could possibly ask for. I kid you not when I say this kid was not good. If his little brother is better than him, congratulations he might actually be a soccer player. Austin Savage is 400x's better than this kid. I have played against both and Austin Savage is great player, mean while the Brazilian kids best aspect is his ability to complain about everything. So as you people from the ugliest city in South Carolina fall in love with the Brazilians brother, his brother was not good.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Gerrard15 i am with you 100% on this call! Eduardo was way overrated last year. The BC soccer program built him up as if he were a god. Theres many decent players in the state (Eduardo) that can score against poor teams. It takes a good player to score against qualty sides which eduardo did not do. He was shut down when playing good defences. I have played austin once and eduardo a couple times to compare the two is crazy! Austin is a much player and person. Eduardo's attitude on the field is that of a 12 year old girl. Eduardo tops the list of most overrated players of 08`.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
a 12 year old girl? What kind of attitude does a 12 year old girl have?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Most of the ones I know have an eager, enthusiastic, and respectful attitude, and soak up coaching tips like a sponge.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thanks coach..That's what I thought

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
if those are the 12 year olds you know then you seriously need to broden your horizons. 12 year olds whine and complain. Sense your a coach or somthing you might be refering to your little girls team? My analogy was ment to say Eduardo whines and complains. If you have ever played him you would know.

C
Coach
Coach
C
If those are the 12-year-olds you know, then perhaps YOU need to broaden your horizons. Teenage boys, on the other hand, tend to try to make themselves feel better by making other teenage boys look bad.

The girls are usually a bit more mature than that.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Ach, there I've gone and made another hasty generalization. I meant to say, INSECURE teenage boys tend to make themselves feel better by trying to make others look bad. The more mature ones don't bother.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
haha your really going to compare the maturity of a 12 year old girl and teenage boy (i guess you think you know how old i am?) And i dont need to build myself up to bring others down. I know i am twice the player Eduardo is.

C
Coach
Coach
C
No, that would be a generalization again...but I can compare the maturity of the average 12-year-old girl to SOME teeenage boys who demonstrate their maturity.

And as my father always said when I was a teenage boy...

If you're really that good, you don't have to go around telling people; they'll figure it out. If you have to tell them...maybe you aren't.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
haha yes sir. my comment wasnt out of the blue i was just refering to your hilarious generalizaion. sorry for posting coach. question though, have you seen or played eduardo?

C
Coach
Coach
C
As to generalizations...I said "the ones I know." You said "12-year-old girls." Of the two, which was the generalization?

No need to be sorry for posting; everyone here enjoys the privilege. If you're going to be sorry, that's not an appropriate reason.

And no...I can't recall ever seeing or playing Eduardo...if I had, I don't imagine I'd care to comment whether or not he was overrated. As I said, people tend to see what is or isn't there...no need to trash someone just for the sake of doing it.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
haha it was fun going back and forth but your i cant argue with what you said. people should recognize talent when they see it. i just differ with a couple peopes opinion from personal experience.

C
Coach
Coach
C
That, I can understand...but don't let it get to you. Sometimes it's an advantage to be underestimated.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Good one Coach..

kick off
kick off
wow coach you really cant say anything about the brazilian kid dodo was dodo. i also played against him and he is very overrated and if he was on a team like irmo, northwestern or any other great teams he wouldnt even played

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think the coach was more concerned on the generalization of 12 year old girls..which was completely uncalled for..Is high school ball over yet? Not two more months of I'm better than you are..No..No..I'm better than you

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yeah, that's where I came in...I don't have any experience with the player in question, but I do know a lot of 12-year-old girls who don't deserve that particular generalization. Perhaps they are the exception, but they are there.

goal kick
goal kick
Coach Chass here is a generalization as you obsess over your teenage boys and girls, other people are staying on topic in this forum and saying that Eduardo was not good also if you say your good you are good. C. Ronaldo is on the records for saying he is his favorite player to watch because he is the best. So keep generalizing and I will make sure my 12 year boys and girls stay at least 12 ft from you at all times.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Hmm...wow, you've opened my eyes. A good player says he's good, and he's good...that means ANY player who says he's good is good!

You have humbled me with your flawless logic...I will withdraw to my obsession with pointing out that the people stereotyped as immature aren't the ones who get their kicks from flaming each other.

goal kick
goal kick
Coach Chass I've got good news and bad news.... first off the good news you have finally been humbled the bad news is that I did not say every player who says he is good is good, i just provided an example of contradictory evidence of your previous argument. Also when are you going to put the sign in your front yard to warn your neighbors.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
Coach Chass im trying to figure out your sensitivity torward 12 year old girls?? The fourm was talking about how Eduardo is overrated and sense you have neither seen or played aginst this player why did you post?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best therefor he can say whatever he wants, if i was that good id watch myself to.

Coach dont comment to this post unless you know who cristiano is..

C
Coach
Coach
C
My response was to CHT, who asked what the attitude of 12-year-old girls was. The answer was legit. I coach girls' soccer and work with JV up through seniors, so the answer was based on fairly good experience.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Gerrard...does "if I say you are humbled you are humbled" fall along the same lines as "also if you say your good you are good"? Your exact words, misspelling included. I apologize if I misread "you" to mean everyone...maybe it was a "you" of direct address.

Ok, then...

I'm good.

Well, that settles it.

M
kick off
kick off
M
gerrad15 you are unreal. why the personal attacks on a kid who cant defend himself???my guess is that you are ripping him because you play for one of the "no good" teams and he ripped you a new one. Its evident, by the amount of time you spend on the message board, that you are nothing more thana soccer groupie or wanna be. please keep your simple-minded statements and opinions to yourself and let us all be smarter human beings by not having us read your pathetic posts! thanks and good day sir.

PS name me one playoff team savage scored against in HS. And no I DO NOT care who he scored against in club.(anyone can be good around good players)

Last edited by Micheal Corleone; 02/24/09 04:06 AM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Actually, based on his former posts, gerrard15 played on/supports that Chapin team from a year ago who played B-C 3 times. Its disappointing to see, as that was a VERY talented team who were VERY well-coached. Coach Hiller is a first-class guy and has always appeared to run a first-class program. I certainly know if I was a player on that team, I'd have a heart-to-heart with someone who is giving off the image that our team is a bit immature.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I think Gerrard15, PrideandTradition, and Joplin15 are over-rated.

Not only that, they're completely douche bags too.

Puttin A's on B's
goal
goal
Pride & Tradition and gerrard15,

You are both clowns. Your personal negativity towards this player and disrespectfulness towards Coach Chass are unnecessary. If you think he ovverated, simply state it. Do not bash the young man. I have never seen him play, so I do not know. But your attitudes towards him as well as Coach Chass seem a bit immature.

Quote:

haha your really going to compare the maturity of a 12 year old girl and teenage boy (i guess you think you know how old i am?) And i dont need to build myself up to bring others down. I know i am twice the player Eduardo is.

P&T,

You know you are twice the player Eduardo is. Okay, keep boosting your ego you little wank.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/24/09 05:24 AM.
goal kick
goal kick
The Real Henry finally caught on, this has been a huge joke to get people going about soccer. This website is a lifesaver between labs and during classes because it gives me something to do while I am bored. Therefore you all have just made my boring life entertaining much like a clown would like. I must thank you all for letting me live such a fulfilling life.

M
kick off
kick off
M
P and T if you are twice the player as Eduardo is can you please link us a page that states you scored 60 goals in a HS season? Oh and JV doesnt count.

goal
goal
gerrard15,

Go to bed you clown.

goal kick
goal kick
Pride and Tradition why dont you just link them your playoff stats, big players come through in big games not against Swansea Airport and Strom Thurmond. Also link Michael some stats about your goal scoring record at the infamous cage that should be called a fence because it never played a factor into our season. And also don't link the kid the JV stats you never played for.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
wow...you all take this web site way to seriously. This thread had no intention of bringing anyone down. Just thought we could have a bit of fun before the season starts. If this site was ment to be 100% serious all the time then there should be no threads and we should just be able to post scores. Real Henry get a life all you do is suck NW's di** on this site. Its gets annoying. So take a joke. You seriously think i believe NW and Enzo are overrated?? Come on...

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
real henry i dont really get your post? you want me to send you my stats? what?

goal kick
goal kick
What the Heck! The Real Henry supports NW no way... I thought he was impartial to all teams.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
henry when did eduardo come through in big games besides MB in the quarter finals? I believe Chapin held him scoreless through the whole year. So when did he produce? Hes the one who got all his goals against awful teams. Sense you have either played or seen him play he must have done something special against your team, cause he didnt do sh** but complain because hes not used to the physical play.

Goal
Goal
If these three clowns are from Chapin, they've probably been touched lately.

Therapy will see you through it!

goal kick
goal kick
well i would say that summerville and fort dorchester are overrated. just for the fact that they think that eveyone expected and expects them to win region every year. Beaufort is the new power in that region.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Have to agree with Eagle on that one..I hate the word overrated.What I see is parity in the region..Years past it was the same teams winning region and as of late Beaufort has been flexing it's muscle..I like parity in the region.I like the fact that any given night one of four teams can beat the other.

P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
shutup&play if you are talking in reference to whats going on at chapin right now thats really uncalled for. I dont even go to school there so that doesnt need to be talked about. Whats going on at Chapin sounds pretty serious and not funny at all.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
WOW..somewhere that P&T does not want to go..What's going on? Is there a bunch of 12 year old girls whining and complaining P&T?

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Beauforts just better than everyone at pulling it out their ass

kick off
kick off
shut^&play why dont you shut up about what u just said. that doest need to be goin around bc its bs.

Goal
Goal
Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen chief.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
I don't understand. It seems to me that to be considered overrated, that somewhere down the line some source, ie sports media, would have to state an individual is 'the best' or 'top rated'. Then there would be a basis for giving opinions about whom is overrated. Where are these ratings that declare who these players are that are overrated. Only one I've seen of late was Enzo. To state he is overrated, well didn't he just sign to play at UNC, which was in the NCAA championship game. So the coaches that signed him don't know much about recruiting and how to evaluate talent I guess. I wish I knew as much about everything as some of the pos(t)ers do.

A
bench
bench
A
i can take the heat so im going to jump in the kitchen...you got anymore jokes funny man? the best joke on this board is you arguing with these kids and losing all respect you once had. go ahead and respond to this, but your true colors will still shine. i respect your pride for not giving up this fight but if your the bigger man, walk away and dont comment again on the situation.

goal
goal
P&T,

As I said I have never seen Eduardo play so I do not know how good he is. But the way you speak about him seems like you are bashing the young man. And no, I do not want to see your stats. You obviously are an amazing soccer player. I could only dream of your skill.

Also, I do not care if you think my support for Northwestern is annoying. I would rather support my team than be an arrogant punk like yourself.

I feel no more need to comment on this thread. I have already stooped to your level one too many times.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/24/09 05:32 PM.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

i can take the heat so im going to jump in the kitchen...you got anymore jokes funny man? the best joke on this board is you arguing with these kids and losing all respect you once had. go ahead and respond to this, but your true colors will still shine. i respect your pride for not giving up this fight but if your the bigger man, walk away and dont comment again on the situation.

Who said anything about a fight? I just see 3 kids from CHS posting on the board and bashing everyone that's not them over and over again. Mostly, they're bashing players who have no capability to defend themselves (ie isn't Eduardo back in Brazil? I doubt Enzo even recognizes these 3 exist).

The parents make on average $70k+ a year. In a time of haves and the extreme have-nots, they ought to act better and represent themselves better. From their point of view, they certainly don't want any bulletin board material for others to use against them or their team.

As far as the info blazing all over WLTX.com, hey, news is news. I pray it isn't true.

Last edited by shut^&play; 02/24/09 05:54 PM.
P
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
P
This thread is done. We have gone off topic way too many times and theres to many old men that forgot how to take a joke. For the record everyone Northwestern and Enzo are not overrated at all! It was a joke that people took seriously.

S
bench
bench
S
yeah you know it wasnt a joke you just had to clear it up after you got verballed and they were announced #1 in the nation they are a great team and for sure a dynasty the only team though in the state that has a chance to put a end to their run will be irmo for sure i hope irmo does take state this year but its gonna be a hell of a battle and fight to get there

Feel the Sting!
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Let's see what you brought to the discussion..Whining and complaining 12 year old girls..Going back and forth with a H.S. coach that has probably forgotten more than you know..Comments about a player that were later confessed to be joking around.And last but not least old men who don't know how to take a joke...Man, we are going to miss your insight..Find a chat room somewhere and save us from your useless dribble

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 02/24/09 06:11 PM.
goal kick
goal kick

The parents make on average $70k+ a year.

I must say that I am sorry my parents have worked extremely hard to get where they are at. This may be the only comment that comes close to offending me, I can take someone telling me I am nothing but a joke (as most of my comments have been) or that I am not good at soccer. But to try to bash me because my parents are working their tails off to get themselves through these difficult times is a little Absurd. I really must apologize to you shut^&play, I know I have not made fun of anyone's backgrounds on this site because I personally have been without anything and luckily my parents worked hard to get something going. I think this might be out of line, but then again I have been as well in some of my posts.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
yes enough talking about peoples parents and little girls and boys... soccer is what this site is about. Irmo all the way! starting off with NW this weekend!

goal kick
goal kick
I also realize everyone in America is working hard to get through these terrible times. I did not vote for the man in charge but I hope he does something great.

Also to finally be on topic, I think South Aiken is overrated, but this is only because I don't believe a good team has come through Aiken since the early 2000's, but then again I have been wrong plenty of times before.

goal kick
goal kick
I hope you consider 2005 in the early 2000's.

Don't know enough about south aiken this year to say anything about them.

Anybody know???

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
they were lucky to beat irmo in state 2005, but still a quality side

goal kick
goal kick
they beat irmo twice that season,

and if anyone is overrated it is irmo with all the fantastic players they have and splitting with SA the past couple of years.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't think the 70K comment was a put down rather it was to point that you have had to settle for less at times and had to work for what you have and that your posts do not always reflect that.Instead of thankful and humble to be where you are and for the chances you are given..you comments come across as arrogant like you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and someone owes you something..Your last comment reflects someone who seems more grateful..At least that's how I took it.

goal
goal
Gettin after it a bit out there!!!

goal kick
goal kick
i smell a fight brewin

goal kick
goal kick
As I had said i have been wrong. Did not know about the South Aiken team of 2005

goal
goal
People out here gettin Busted like Ronald Isley!!!!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I also realize everyone in America is working hard to get through these terrible times. I did not vote for the man in charge but I hope he does something great.

Also to finally be on topic, I think South Aiken is overrated, but this is only because I don't believe a good team has come through Aiken since the early 2000's, but then again I have been wrong plenty of times before.

South Aiken captured the Class 4A State Championship in 2005 by defeating Irmo at Stone Stadium. In the Upper State Final, the Thoroughbreds knocked out Northwestern.

Aiken made it to the 2003 Upper State Championship before falling to eventual State Champion Irmo.

R
kick off
kick off
R
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

goal kick
goal kick
Randomguycoach you really hate Joey. I was been a stalker and looked at some of your post and you really hate Joey.

And I must retract my statement about South Aiken I was ignorant to their recent successes.

goal kick
goal kick
being* not been

A
bench
bench
A
from what i've seen, joey looks a little bigger, stronger, and faster from a year ago. the kid can play, no doubt about that. if he wasnt good, then you wouldnt have mentioned his name. last season he played on a team with a lot of talent and he, in my opinion, was not fully matured. i believe now that he knows some guys are gone, its his turn to lead and i would expect good things from him here in the near future.

S
bench
bench
S
ill tell you on wednesday how good they are wunderkid when irmo plays tehm hopefully easy win for us but you never know

Feel the Sting!
M
kick off
kick off
M
But now he's fully matured to the point of getting a red card in the state finals of club season vs his former team? interesting.

Last edited by Micheal Corleone; 02/25/09 02:48 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Beaufort is getting better at proving every doubter wrong... and the fact that they can pull some upsets even when the statistics are against them says a lot.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
corner kick
corner kick
what number is martinez? is he going to be playing the lmc? what position he plays?

Club of the century.
kick off
kick off
Once the game starts you will know which one is him haha

Last edited by joplin12; 02/26/09 09:01 PM.
goal
goal
He'll be the one handing out the treatment from the start to begin his goal tear to become high schools all time career leading goal scorer!

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
how many does he have to reach that point? lets not go over board just yet

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
and joey demare is just an egotistical immature little kid..

brace
brace
Quote:

Greco i know enzo i a great player but if a team has a great defender like irmo and chapin did last year they can shut him down

Give me a very large break. This kid can score on anybody. If you are so confident about shutting him down, take your "extra" games and schedule NW so you can back up the verbal vomit.

Enzo is the next Nike slogan: He has done it.

brace
brace
Quote:

Gerrard 15,

Facts are facts. Sometimes when less than intelligent people start running their mouths, facts are brought out to give a little meaning to the discussion. How in the world can someone say that Northwestern is playing a "soft" schedule after looking at the facts?

And, hey, Coach didn't list the names of the kids whom Enzo has beaten over the past three years, did he? He didn't really dish on anyone else, did he? He is just taking the back of a great soccer player, like a great coach does.

Data, data, data plus a soccer phenom. Nice combo.

brace
brace
Quote:

Why is Enzo in the post, he is not overrated, he is the best player in the state. i found some facts on him too

Januaray 28, 2009
Enzo ate lunch at Wendy's
2:30 PM Enzo touches a soccer ball.....

Just some facts I had before a meeting

Her Gerrard and Pride and Tradition: Any reason no one is listing "facts" about you? I believe there might be.

Here's a fact: I am very old, especially for soccer high school coaches. I am very young, especially for soccer nuts, which I am. And I am extremely smart, and I mean extremely - I will prove it. I would choose Enzo AND Antoine for my team. You pick two, and we'll play.

If you guys have any "facts" on yourselves, might be time to put them on the scoreboard.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Is it too late to rename this thread - "Enzo for or against?" or "Enzo - love him or hate him?"...... other suggestions?

corner kick
corner kick
Achmed likes:
It better to be "silent" and thought a fool,
than post and remove all doubt

corner kick
corner kick
well Juande Ramos told me that since they cant use huntelar in the cl, he may need a little help on top next to higuain ; )

is this kids really that good? i need to see him playing, i heard great things about him, i heard even espn has an article on him.

hoping to see irmo and nw at the lmc final.

Club of the century.
kick off
kick off
Yea oldey you might want to look at back at games last year and see who shut him down but you may be a little to old. and he is a very very good player i know that but he CAN be shut down

P
kick off
kick off
P
Correction, Kevin.

In 2003 Northwestern defeated Aiken in the upper State Final, to begin their 6-year run of domination in the Upper State. Irmo defeated Wando in the Lower State title game, then defeated Northwestern in PKs for the 4A Title.

Quote:

Quote:

South Aiken captured the Class 4A State Championship in 2005 by defeating Irmo at Stone Stadium. In the Upper State Final, the Thoroughbreds knocked out Northwestern.

Aiken made it to the 2003 Upper State Championship before falling to eventual State Champion Irmo.

brace
brace
Quote:

Yea oldey you might want to look at back at games last year and see who shut him down but you may be a little to old. and he is a very very good player i know that but he CAN be shut down

Everyone can be shut down on a given day, but I believe that Enzo doesn't run into many given days. Triple team a guy, and he will have trouble scoring anyday and I know that he was double marked in a Catennacio defense one game and still scored two goals.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And if you do double or triple team him..Guess what? He still has an affect on the game..He might not score goals but look at all that space that opened up for his teammates because you have three players on one..

A
bench
bench
A
Retired,Old, and Happy...your a smart guy, you've made a logical argument, kudos. but those kids admit they played at chapin last year, so you want facts...they never lost to northwestern. just a fact (and a joke). Hands down whatever team enzo plays against, they prepare for him. the only tricky part in doing so is you have to realize the kids on northwestern are all above average players. the only teams succesfull in beating northwestern are the ones that effectively limit enzo's opportunities. he is going to create chances every game he plays in, hes just a special player that can do it. ive seen him do it and played against him multiple times. and for anyone else who doubts enzo and wants facts...hes been SC player of the year more times than you have.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard