Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Corner Kick
OP Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Is still a go. We have a great 8 team field.

Pool Blue:
Covenant Central JV
E.L. Wright Middle
Springfield Middle
White Knoll B

Pool Red
B-C B
Gold Hill Middle
Summit Parkway Middle
Wilson Hall JV

world cup
world cup
Go Gold Hill Bulldogs!!!!!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Corner Kick
OP Online Content
Corner Kick
C
I hope that I get to play them in the Championship. I see their girls are going to Irmo next week to. My inspirational talk to you at Irmo last year promoting Middle School soccer must have helped.

world cup
world cup
We are going to invite your middle school girls up to play one of our middle school girls teams in the Fort Mill Invitational at Manchester Meadows in 2010.

Good luck with your tournament! Stay dry!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
I
goal
goal
I
Coach JB, Hurst, can you guys expand on your thoughts around a middle school program or a B team? JB how did you inspire Hurst, on this subject?

C
Corner Kick
OP Online Content
Corner Kick
C
E.L. Wright 5
Covenant Central 0

Springfield 3
White Knoll 0

Wilson Hall 3
B-C 0

Gold Hill 2
Summit 0

Last edited by Coach JB; 02/28/09 03:07 AM.
C
Corner Kick
OP Online Content
Corner Kick
C
I met Hurst at the Irmo preseason last year and just talked about all that we did. I guess that I was a salesman. He told me that the Ft Mill schools had just started Middle school soccer. My girls lost to Dreher and Eastside 1-0 each game.

My opinion is that for Girls playing JV teams are ok since most schools stock their JV's with middle school girls. That makes it a little more even. As for the Boys, our district had a drop off when we started the middle school program. But I feel that in the long run it helps. I had a lot of my guys on SV's team last year. This is our 5th season and we do everything that is allowed by the SCHSL for middle schools. You need to come and see our tournament here in columbia and see what its like.

I
goal
goal
I
Thanks, I thought we would try this model, but got no traction with the school system. Just wanted to hear if it helped the girls over time or hurt them.

world cup
world cup
I struggled with accepting the concept of Middle School Soccer, but now I'm OK with it. I guess every district (soccer program) is different. I've always thought that U-13 and U-14 girls were playing enough soccer already. The clubs and rec programs are active in the spring, why should tax payers have to support a school program? Plus, how many soccer coaches are there to go around?

Middle school soccer works like this in our district. 6th graders are not allowed to play, only 7th and 8th graders can participate. Any 8th grader is allowed to try out for high school JV, 7th graders can try out with written permission. Obviously if they don't make the high school JV team, they are free to back and try out for the middle school program.

The complexion of the Fort Mill HS JV Girls team has changed considerably over the past three years. Here's the roster breakdown:

Year.....7th....8th....9th....10th....11th

In our district, we have been able to support competitive middle school teams while still maintaining a quality JV team.

JB, looking forward to hosting your middle school teams up here in 2010. Keep up the good work.

I
goal
goal
I
The change from the 7th and 8th grade JV team to a 9th and 10th grade JV team was the affect I was after when I begged the District to add Middle school soccer. Just in a few years your JV program grow to what one would hope for and expect in other sports such as Football.

Well we will have to do our District outside the box. This way at least we can control who the coaches are.

Thanks for the feedback...

Link Copied to Clipboard