Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#114133 02/28/09 02:48 AM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
The first Lady Warhorse Classic kicked off in Barnwell tonight. I didn't get the chance to stay for the second game, but wanted to report the first.

Ben Lippen-7
Pelion-0

Wet and chilly, but the rain held off for most of the first half. Good physical game with a slow start by BLS, but picked up the pace throughout the first. 3-0 halftime lead. Everyone got the chance to play a good bit and the girls moved the ball well for most of the night. The girls from Pelion worked hard and never gave up the entire game. Great effort on both sides of the ball. It was a bit sloppy at times due to the weather, but a good game to kick off the tournament.

The second game tonight featured Barnwell against Colleton County. Schedule for tomorrow is...

11:00am - Ben Lippen vs Colleton County
12:45 - Barnwell vs Pelion
3:45 - Colleton County vs Pelion
5:30 - Barnwell vs Ben Lippen

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Friday, 2/27/09:
Ben Lippen-7
Pelion-0

Barnwell-9
Colleton County-0

Saturday, 2/28/09:
Ben Lippen-5
Colleton County-1

Other games continue as scheduled presently. Rain is falling and the field is drenched, so they may cancel after the second game today between Barnwell and Pelion. Excellent tournament down in Barnwell run by Michael Allen and his team. He is hoping to continue if possible and get in the last two games.

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Barnwell-8
Pelion-0

Colleton County vs Pelion kicking off any minute now. Barnwell vs Ben Lippen should be on schedule for tonight around 5:30. The field seems to be holding up nicely and the weather is clearing up. The winner of Barnwell/Ben Lippen should take the tournament championship.

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
I don't know the results for Colleton County/Pelion.

Final Game...
Barnwell-2
Ben Lippen-1

Tough game to lose, but congratulations to a very good Barnwell team on securing the tournament championship! They played hard, physical soccer. Field conditions were extremely difficult on both teams and Barnwell found a way to win. The go ahead goal was a beauty by #19 off a perfect cross. Perfectly executed. 0-0 at the half. The game could have gone either way, and was as good a game as expected.

Congratulations to Michael Allen and his squad in Barnwell. We certainly enjoyed the tournament and they did a fantastic job as hosts. We had a great experience and seemed to be in the right place at the right time with the weather today. Barnwell is sure to be very competitive in AA this season and we wish them the best!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Thanks Rob for the recaps of the tournament....I am glad yall enjoyed yourselves and we sure enjoyed your team taking part in the game.

I thought both teams played very well for the field conditions! I wish the best of luck to you this season and look forward to seeing you next year under sunny skies!!

B
bench
bench
B
Colleton County 4
Pelion 1

Link Copied to Clipboard