Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to dormans defense they had a tough draw, and the times were hard on them as well. Not to take anything about for PG though... great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is on the all tourney team

Brace
Brace
Kyle has added the all-tournament team in another post in the forum ... see the All Tournament Team Posted Here .

To all the folks who responded so positively about the tournament and those with suggestions, thanks! We try to make it the best tournament around -- and there are an awful lot of good tournaments in this state. We are glad to make it a positive soccer experience. We appreciate the feedback!

By the way, Soccerdad - you were exactly right on Paddy Flynn getting through and dishing to Luis. In the flurry of activity I am faced with at that moment, I failed to jot that down and when asked on the board regarding the events in that match I did not respond as fully as I would like to have. Thanks for the correction. I also admire the way Paddy gave it all in the championship. He was down and hurt more times than I could remember, but he always came back and was right back in the mix. Kudos to him for his efforts.

In addition, I am in no way taking away from Spring Valley's accomplishments in the way I responded to posts as they were added to the board. I hope it was not seen as though I was - that is not my intent. Spring Valley played an outstanding tournament and should proudly carry away the trophy as one of those pieces of hardware which is truly earned. Some of the nation's best teams go away from the Palmetto Cup with a lesser placement than they have at the end of the season. I believe that the Vikings have an excellent chance to play for another championship in just a few weeks ... my comments on the PA after the championship match alluded to that fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PINEWOOD HAS 3 IN THE LOSS COLUMN, P-GAUD, HILTON HEAD, AND SPRING VALLEY. I DON'T SEE ANY BEAUFORT ACADEMY'S IN THEIR LOSS COLUMNS, HOW DO YOU RANK P-G #1?

D
throw in
throw in
D
It's a travesty...a sham...a farce...a disgrace...an embarrassment...a mockery... [Wink]

It'll all be settled on the field in the end.

OK, Doc, prepare yourself for the wrath of Mr. J.B. Owens of Isle of Palms, SC, you know he'll be on here CROWING any time now like he was the one on the field instead of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Porter Gaud's amazing tourney is good reason to rank them ahead of us (Pinewood) in SCISA. If we wanted to stay ahead of them, we should have beaten Hilton Head or Spring Valley to finsih first in our group. We were fortunate to beat PG and I still think of us as the underdog in SCISA. I'm not even sure we should be ahead of Cardinal Newman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave,
You did indeed give SV kudos after championship - thanks for the kind words. The comment about private school talk was not directed to you, but other posters who seem to have turned this topic into who's the best private school, rather than discussion of the Cup. I thought the level of competition was very high this year, and certainly shows you all pick an extremely competitive field, and don't just look at AAAA or AAA, etc. As was said elsewhere, no one came through the tournament unscathed - I think that shows how tough the competition was (and I too am sorry that some SC college coaches missed it.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
To SCDREWABLANK:

In reference to your comment about the selling of College of Charleston soccer t-shirts at the 2002 Palmetto Cup last year, I would like to respond.

The t-shirts were being sold by 2001 alumni Troy Lesesne who plays for the Cougars. He had asked in advance of the tourney if he could sell CofC men's soccer t-shirts as part of his fund-raiser to raise money for the College of Charleston's trip to Tobago last August -- in preparation of the 2002 men's college season.

As a 2001 Brookland-Cayce graduate and very loyal/active supporter of our program (he's been around the program since he was 5 years old) of course he was welcome to "pedal" his wares at our tourney.

I couldn't care less what other collegiate coaches thought of him selling those t-shirts there, they too could ask if they wanted to submit camp applications or other paraphanelia at the tourney!

I had one big-time "state" coach ask, "Who, who's selling those t-shirts" ... Needless to say I told him it was a former Bearcat player that had attended four of his camps and wanted to attend his school, but he had informed him that he was too small and not "good enough" to play for that program. In fact, he stated that he was not good enough to play for a DI program.

In Troy's defense and due justice, Lesesne scored the winning goal versus that team this past fall and is starting and loving his time at CofC.

No apologies here for that reaction - but please know what you are talking about before you post here about things you know not!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin
Well said!! It is refreshing to see that not everyone in the Columbia area fears Berson! You are correct in allowing a former player support his college by selling the t-shirts! If I would have seen them I would have cetainly bought one!!! A few years ago I had the privelage to meet Troy and his girlfriend(CUTIE) after the BC vs Ridge View match! What a preformance and what a great kid! How does such a class act get out of Columbia? If he lived in Greenville Adair(Clemson) would have gave him a chance! Oh well just makes my point!!! Well Done Troy and Kevin!!!!!

By the way another class tourny!! Looks like you are "reloading" You must enjoy those Seabrook kids!!!!
PS this guy(scdrew) just loves Berson!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard