Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
If anything, the cancellation of the remaining games in the Viking Cup and the Greenwave Cup (the latter to a lesser extent) has left us all a bit more interested in where some teams stand to start the season. Without the rigors of a top level tournament to weed out early contenders from possible pretenders; final scrimmages and early season matches may gain a bit more attention. For 2009 there is no VC curse to overcome, nor crown to be defended. There is only the upcoming season, and all the twists and turns it holds.

To the games:

Tuesday - 3/3

South Aiken vs North Augusta
CRSA dominance will be on the line again, and for the first time since 1994, these teams are in different classifications. Each is looking to make a mark with strong squads in 09.

Wednesday - 3/4

Eastside vs Boiling Springs
Eastside looks to be one of the top 3 in the upper state in AAA (Riverside and Mann the others). Boiling Springs continues to improve. Could be interesting...

JL Mann vs Byrnes
Someone said Rae Wilson had ALL 4 goals! In a Viking Cup match!! A SHORTENED match!!! Wow is the only word for the senior Patriot's performance. Byrnes was all the rage in the early part of 08, so how will 09 start off?

Thursday 3-5

Aiken vs Blythewood
Ron has the Lady Hornets buzzing again. I remember a few years back, Claire Joyce and Upperstate title game. Could Aiken be in the mix come mid May? Blythewood stumbled against Lexington, but look for a strong showing from the girls this week.

Chapin vs Lexington
Attention to the state, rumors of Lexington's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Another strong match-up between teams that won't see each other come playoff time!

Friday - 3/6

Dorman vs Fort Mill
Two teams that know how to play soccer and get the win. How many 1 goal wins have these two squads notched in the last five years? Good pre-season matchup between teams who are used to the 3rd round and beyond come May.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Tuesday--agreed S.A. vs N.A. should be a premier match up.
I also like the Swansea/Blythewood game.

Wednesday--Look for a close one in the Barnwell and Irmo scrimmage.

Thursday and Friday--good scrimmages and even nicer weather! (if their predictions hold)

R
throw in
throw in
R
"Wednesday--Look for a close one in the Barnwell and Irmo scrimmage."

ONLY if Irmo wants it to be close!!!! This isn't Strom Thurmond, Colleton County, or Pelion.

Last edited by Ruler of the Pitch; 03/03/09 06:38 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

ONLY if Irmo wants it to be close!!!! This isn't Strom Thurmond, Colleton County, or Pelion.

Relax 24/7 Soccer. Take it easy on the little guys...

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I guess the supporters of Goliath said the same thing!!

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Gonna be a good experience for the girls from Barnwell to play a team with that talent. Hopefully it'll pay off in the long run.

I
goal
goal
I
Some small schools like Woodruff have had a play anybody, anytime attitude for years. It does pay off.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

"Wednesday--Look for a close one in the Barnwell and Irmo scrimmage."

Or Ben Lippen? The Warhorses defeated the Falcons who have scrimmage victories over 4A Ridge View and RNE as well as 3A AC Flora.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Some small schools like Woodruff have had a play anybody, anytime attitude for years. It does pay off.

2/27/09 - Waccamaw 2-0 Dorman

R
throw in
throw in
R
Dale,

I am learning from you how easy it is to get things started with just a few words... You should be proud!!!

Go Barnwell!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard