brace
brace
Quote:

South Aiken 2
Barnwell 0

Half-2-0

Great game played by the lady T-Breds

Question for clarification:

South Aiken keeper was yellow carded for using hands outside box. The ref said that she did not have to leave the field. I argued the fact that she was allowed to stay on the field but the ref told me he knows the rule and she is allowed to stay in the game. Both Mike and I thought she had to come off. Can someone please clarify the rule?

Was the ref from Columbia? Was the ref's last name Jr? Were there a bunch of refs piled up in a heap behind him? Did he keep yelling "Yee Ha!"?

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 03/10/09 03:56 AM.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Question for clarification:

South Aiken keeper was yellow carded for using hands outside box. The ref said that she did not have to leave the field. I argued the fact that she was allowed to stay on the field but the ref told me he knows the rule and she is allowed to stay in the game. Both Mike and I thought she had to come off. Can someone please clarify the rule?

From the NFHS Soccer Rules Book for 2008-09, in Rule 12, Section 8, MISCONDUCT, the penalty for being cautioned is spelled out as follows:

"PENALTY: A cautioned player shall leave the field and may be replaced. Should the team with the cautioned player elect to play shorthanded, the cautioned player may not re-enter nor be replaced until the next legal substitution opportunity."

That is it. There is no mention of an exception for the goalkeeper.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Further question...why was the keeper yellow carded for using hands outside the box? Handling is handling; outside the penalty area the keeper is like any other player.
Handling is not a yellow card offense unless it's repeated and considered "persistent infringement of the rules." It's simply a direct free kick unless it's deliberate handling to stop the ball from going into the goal, in which case it's a straight red...so I don't understand how a yellow card even got into this situation.

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Quote:

Further question...why was the keeper yellow carded for using hands outside the box? Handling is handling; outside the penalty area the keeper is like any other player.
Handling is not a yellow card offense unless it's repeated and considered "persistent infringement of the rules." It's simply a direct free kick unless it's deliberate handling to stop the ball from going into the goal, in which case it's a straight red...so I don't understand how a yellow card even got into this situation.

The ref's name was Dale III. He can't count to 11 anyway so he wouldn't have known whether the goalie was off or not. Now, spitting outside the goalie box is another matter....

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

In rule 12-8 on page 56 of the rule book is the following:

ART. 1...A player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for:
f. unsporting conduct, including, but not limited to:
6. deliberate handball to stop an attack,

brace
brace
Is that NASCAR rule 12-8? Is rule 12-8 actually rule 4?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
World Cup
World Cup
ROH, at 1:21 am in the morning I cannot believe you are not in the pits like the rest of us

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
I stand corrected...I was going by the NFHS website's 2009 comparison of rules between NFHS, FIFA and NCAA, which didn't list handling among the NFHS reasons for caution (yellow). Peabody, you have now officially been bestowed with the mantle of He-Who-Has-Enough-Time-On-His-Hands-to-Dig-Through-the-Rulebook.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard