Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Hello,

I am looking for likeminded parents would like to discuss forming a U14 Girls Challenge Team to play in the Fall of 2009. Three nights of training would be mandatory with the possibility of a fourth night of strenth/fitness. If there is enough interest and response then a discussion or recommendations can be made as to coaching. The next step would be deciding of which club to be affiliated. Please e-mail me ar CraigCashion@gmail.com with any questions.

Sincerely.
Craig Cashion

E
bench
bench
E
Craig,

I think this is what this community need, a global idea, I am currently trainning with The Citadel Women's program and if you want I am willing to help you in your project.
contact me any time enriquerb93@gmail.com

Regards,

Enrique Rodriguez

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Enrique,

Thank you for your positive response. Polish off your resume. We will be looking at all possibilities for the coaching and training. Integrity, Experience, USSF License, References from Parents, Fellow Coaches, and Players will figure in the hiring process. Good Luck and again thank you for your interest.

Craig

C
throw in
throw in
C
Who is making the hiring decision?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Who will be in charge of organizing the tunnel for after the matches?

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Comet,

I am hoping for 3 things.

1) Enough quality players commit to form a team.

2) Someone stands out in the application process.

3) Parents as a majority do the right thing and agree upon whom is best for the development of the team as a whole and not for a particular player.

Maybe Pie-in-the-sky but hopefully as much complaining that has been going on this blog and elsewhere people are willing to do something instead of talking about it.

Craig

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Loc Dog,

Whomever is not bringing the Juicy Juice and Orange Slices.

Craig

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
craig, good decision. don't want to put too much responsibility on the parents.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So your idea is to put a team together with a coach for which you will pay and then and only then do you approach clubs and see if they will take the team as a whole and accept the coach? Bold move

I think you will need to have a club lined up before you do all this... as stated in previous threads egos and control will be a factor. Imagine you paying a coach more than the rate for coaches at the club you are joining? What about the fees to the club? what about the fact the club may already have an A team for that age group? what makes you the A team? have a winner takes all game?

More power to you but you have quite a few hills to climb

Don't forget there is a rule in SCYSA that a "club" must field at least 7 teams (I think) so making your own club unless you get some kind of waiver is out of the question.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 03/10/09 03:47 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
With the numbers in the lowcountry..Most have one team in that age group so the players you recruit would probably come from one of the clubs you would want to join..First hurdle..Most posters or the ones that frequent this website are from the midlands and upstate..You have hit the road and get the word out..Not going to field a team from here.. but I like the effort..

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard