Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Hello All,

I would like to thank everyone that has shown support this past weekend. I would like to congratulate Coach P's Girls on their win Saturday over out team.

Thanks Again

Craig

Kickoff
Kickoff
Craig,
I see I'm a little late on this post but I want to applaud your pre-emptive effort. Leaving it in the hands of the same club/people that have created the current situation would be a disservice to the girls. Can you give us an update on any progress or tryout plans?

M
kick off
kick off
M
Yea Craig, give us an update on tryout plans and the coaches that you are interviewing?

C
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Jim,

I have been overwhelmed by positive responses from people all over the state and I am greatly appreciative of their advice and support.

I do believe everyone here has the best interest of the girl's in their heart but everyone is afraid of giving something up. I wish everyone could work together toward
what's best for the girls.

I can only comment about parent conversations at this time. Evidently clubs have complained to the governing bodies about me accusing me of recruiting.

I actually feel that I am on the right track if clubs not even in my area are complaining. If you are actually taking care of the needs of your players then you have nothing to fear from myself.

As of this time we do not have anything scheduled until AFTER State Cup. We are even considering USClub as a means of allowing the girls from different areas of the state to play together. Again all suggestions are welcome.

Thank You again for your concern,

Craig

B
throw in
throw in
B
I don't have a daughter or kids playing in the area so I'm not involved in this. But have you looked at http://www.cainhoyathletic.com/ and the "Hello South Carolina" post in this forum?

corner kick
corner kick
Cainhoy's looking for U6-U12 age groups-ish, not U14 classic/challenge league.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
but he is essentially looking to take his own team to a club and they did say that they would be willing to consider older/high level teams.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

I don't have a daughter or kids playing in the area so I'm not involved in this. But have you looked at http://www.cainhoyathletic.com/ and the "Hello South Carolina" post in this forum?

If you look at their website, which by the way is well-organized and impressive, Cainhoy Athletic will be offering in the fall, a micro soccer program for players 4-7 years old and U9, U10 and U12 teams playing in the LSYSA. A quote from their website states:

"We will consider transferring any team (or creating an elite squad) to compete at Select or Classic status if and when it is deemed appropriate. Longer term we anticipate or at least aspire to compete at the highest levels of youth soccer."

I would not expect a brand new club to initially transfer teams over during their first year of operation. I think it is smart on their behalf to start out smaller. set short-term and long-term goals (which they have appeared to have done) and then build their program up. If they get off on a good start and build their reputation, then I would assume the likelihood of teams transferring over to their organization might be more of a possibility.

Personally, I don't think the needs of a U14 girls challenge team would be met during the first season of operation of a brand new club in the lowcountry.......down the road for other teams, that could be a different scenario. Best of luck in their new endeavor!

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
from the sounds of things, CC is just looking for an umbrella to play under and fields to play on. if that is all that they need and the first year club can offer that, i don't see why it wouldn't work out with the exception of philosophical differences.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

from the sounds of things, CC is just looking for an umbrella to play under and fields to play on. if that is all that they need and the first year club can offer that, i don't see why it wouldn't work out with the exception of philosophical differences.

Actually, I beg to differ. I think CC is looking for more than that, as his daughter's team already has an umbrella and fields they are playing on now........

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard