Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
bench
bench
T
Why does it take a parent to state he wants to put together the best team possible in the LowCountry at U14 and not a Club to make the statement.

Is it considered recruiting when the season is finished this Spring?

As futbol stated above..the teams at U13 in the lowcountry are not the most successful in the state.

What is wrong with winning a state title at the Classic level next year if you are at the bottom of the chart in Challenge 09? I see the same size smiles on those kids AND PARENTS, as those winning a Challenge Championship.

Why don't the clubs agree that if you are in the bottom of the Challenge in the LowCountry at U13 this year, you will drop the Challenge effort next or atleast agree to field a joint team like two of the Clubs did for Classic U15 last year and won a State Title.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
After state cup is when clubs can recruit..I am not sure if it is illegal for a parent to recruit..Don't know if there is a rule on that one..There is nothing wrong with classic play..I just think some want more competitive soocer..Parents are not willing to go the extra mile and travel to where the nucleus of strong players are..If you play with the stronger players in your age group..you should develop more as a player..That's what parents should want from any club..Development!!

B
goal
goal
B
Yes, the recruiting extends to parents.

In response to topsides first question, every one of the clubs want to field the best team possible, hence what is termed egos, or whatever you want to call it, and why it takes parents to make their own decisions about what they feel is best for their child.

Once the state cup ends for the Spring season, players can be contacted.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Yes, the recruiting extends to parents.

In response to topsides first question, every one of the clubs want to field the best team possible, hence what is termed egos, or whatever you want to call it, and why it takes parents to make their own decisions about what they feel is best for their child.

Once the state cup ends for the Spring season, players can be contacted.

Not to say i do not believe you, but is it written somwhere so i can read exactly what the rule is on parents not being able to recruit.

I
goal
goal
I
I do not have a dog in the fight, as far as the low country goes. But here is my two cents. Development happens more in practice than it does in matches. That is why there is 3-4 practices per match. Matches are just to see what is broken. A great coach can develop kids at the classic level just fine. If he is a good, capable coach. My daughters have one of those. They play at the High School, and I will take their development over the challenge kids on the team. I would and will follow the best coach. The best team thing is partly about ego, living thru the kids. If you doubt me I have seen classic kids(remember the great coach) playing college players. I liked the result.

I have seen very well trained players go challenge to see them come back, behind some, or equal to the kids that stayed.

SCYSA had a chance to put a promotion relegation system in place. SC will stay behind, as long as coaches can simply choose and not earn their way up, and to a point it is only a marketing tool. You should not just have a choice.

I know the heavens will open up now, but let it rain! It is going to again this weekend on Columbia St Patricks day, will it be cancelled?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Craig,

Now we're getting somewhere. Two problems/red flags:
1. The child should not have to depend on his/her parent for his/her soccer development/training/hiring coaches/ or organizing a soccer team.
2. The parent should not feel as if he/she are qualified to provide that or make those types of decisions. This seems to be commonplace in the lowcountry.

Hmmmmmm.....I gotta respond to this.

1. The child's soccer development/training/hiring of coaches is 100% dependant on the parents MONEY. So yes, parents have a say in how their money is spent. Let's say that the parents see their child's team not play well, week after week after week...season after season. Are you saying the parent shouldn't stop and wonder what their money is being spent on? That's crazy....period.

2. The parent is the CUSTOMER of the club/coach/DOC. If the customer does not get a good return on the money they are spending....they are going to stop spending it at that club. That's common sense.

Now, with that said, it does not mean that every parent is realistic in their perception of their child's abilities. yes, there are tons of parents who think their child is the next Mia Hamm....when they are not. I don't believe that to be the case here, but I do know of parents in the C'ton area who are not realistic about their child's abilities. I know of some parents who have visions of college scholarships...and unless these kids undergo some sort of huge transformation, they are not getting these scholarships the parents think.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

After state cup is when clubs can recruit..I am not sure if it is illegal for a parent to recruit..Don't know if there is a rule on that one..There is nothing wrong with classic play..I just think some want more competitive soocer..Parents are not willing to go the extra mile and travel to where the nucleus of strong players are..If you play with the stronger players in your age group..you should develop more as a player..That's what parents should want from any club..Development!!

Yes, it is illegal for parents to recruit...but I can't imagine anyone from SCYSA considering what this parent did as illegal. He basically placed an "ad"...he didn't specifically target players by name.

H
brace
brace
H
I actually agree with you Papa Hatfield.
My oldest played several years in North Carolina which we all know has the relegation system. Kids knew they had to earn their way as a team up the ladder. They also had to play several weeks just to make it to a final 4 in the state playoffs. There are times when after being on a team for awhile and not getting anywhere better players do move on.
I think there are usually 2 top teams with 1 maybe each year that everyone knows will be in the state championship in SC. Kids and parents start to take for granted what winning a state and going to reginals and the big tournys means because it is too easy.
Hurst and Firstouch could shed some light on the nc side.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think the better players do find their way together..It might take til U16 or 17 but eventually they come together..
Good coaching is a plus but I also feel that players learn from who they train with..their teammates..Find the strongest group and you will get stronger or figure out you do not belong there..

B
goal
goal
B
Statement #1:

Parents pay utility bills, does that give them the right to tell the electric provider how to provide the electric service to their house? The second question is a little better, yes question what it's being spent on, but most parents aren't in a position to be able to demand anything from the utility. Wait, they live in an area that is served by a particular provider, so, they are stuck.....unless they move. But that probably isn't convenient.

Simple answer, parents don't have the right to question the operation of the club simply because they purchase a service. That said, this mentality is pervasive in the lowcountry.

Statement #2

This one kind of gets to the point of if you don't like the service provided, then move, or something.

For the next post, SCYSA will only act on something when asked. Go back and look at what I said, someone from a club that feels they are losing players, might make a claim to SCYSA that it was.

Placing an "ad" during season is no different than a club sending post cards to players. It's all advertising, but some may perceive it to be recruiting.

The SCYSA in the past has made some rulings that made many people scratch their heads. But hey, what do I know, I've never had to respond to complaints by clubs with the SCYSA.

Hardheaded,

In the admin manual, Code of Ethics/Conduct, section IV.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard