Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
world cup
world cup
cht.....

Soccer Darwinism.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Statement #1:

Parents pay utility bills, does that give them the right to tell the electric provider how to provide the electric service to their house? The second question is a little better, yes question what it's being spent on, but most parents aren't in a position to be able to demand anything from the utility. Wait, they live in an area that is served by a particular provider, so, they are stuck.....unless they move. But that probably isn't convenient.

Simple answer, parents don't have the right to question the operation of the club simply because they purchase a service. That said, this mentality is pervasive in the lowcountry.

Statement #2

This one kind of gets to the point of if you don't like the service provided, then move, or something.

For the next post, SCYSA will only act on something when asked. Go back and look at what I said, someone from a club that feels they are losing players, might make a claim to SCYSA that it was.

Placing an "ad" during season is no different than a club sending post cards to players. It's all advertising, but some may perceive it to be recruiting.

The SCYSA in the past has made some rulings that made many people scratch their heads. But hey, what do I know, I've never had to respond to complaints by clubs with the SCYSA.

Hardheaded,

In the admin manual, Code of Ethics/Conduct, section IV.

Ummmmmm...your comparisons are pretty weak...the utility company???? Huh? I'll stand by everything I wrote as your reply doesn't even address the issue.

As to the "recruiting" claim. Go ahead, ask SCYSA if what this man posted could even remotely be considered recruiting. Sounds like some people making a mountain out of a molehill.

Here is the section on recruiting:

IV. RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING RECRUITING
1. A player may only be recruited after the completion of his/her State Cup competition until such time the player is
registered or rostered by the South Carolina Youth Soccer State Registrar/designee for the next seasonal year. (State
Cup competition includes: State Cup, Region Cup, and National Cup).
2. Unethical recruiting is defined as any intentional act whereby coaches or parents contact a player, outside of their
club, who is registered or rostered by the South Carolina Youth Soccer State Registrar/designee on another South
Carolina Youth Soccer team to entice that player to join their team before his/her State Cup competition is completed.
(State Cup competition includes: State Cup, Region Cup, and National Cup).
3. All South Carolina Youth Soccer rules pertaining to recruiting shall be strictly observed by the coaches and parents.
4. It is unethical for a player to be recruited or enticed from the Olympic Development Program (ODP) setting, either by
his/her ODP coach or any other coaches or parent during the seasonal year. (Refer to # 2)
5. When discussing the advantages of their organization, the coaches have an ethical obligation to be forthright and
refrain from making derogatory remarks regarding other coaches, teams, and organizations.
6. It is unethical for any coach to make a statement to a prospective athlete which cannot be fulfilled; illegal to
promise any kind of compensation or inducement for play; and immoral to deliver same.
7. Allegations of illegal or unethical recruiting are very serious and should be based on concrete facts rather than hearsay
and innuendo. While documentation of recruiting violations is essential, the use of videotape and other electronic
equipment is discouraged.
8. Any such allegations of illegal or unethical recruiting must be submitted, in writing, to the appropriate District
Commissioner with all supporting evidence to prove such activity.
V. PENALTIES / VIOLATIONS
Any coaches, players, parents or administrators found guilty of violating the intent, the spirit, or rules of the South Carolina Youth Soccer Code of
Ethics and Conduct, may be subject to probation, suspension and fines. Anyone found guilty of unethical recruiting may be subject to a minimum
one year suspension from all South Carolina Youth Soccer Activities. (All activities shall include being a spectator with the exception of when
their child is playing).
All matters shall be conducted in accordance with South Carolina Youth Soccer Discipline and Appeal Policies and Procedures.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Parents certainly do maintain the right to do what is best for their own child/player. I am speaking directly to the whole concept of parents creating their own team, hiring the coach, developing the standard/qualifications of the coach, etc. And, given the current state of affairs in the lowcountry, I would suspect this to be the prevailing attitude about the game and the profession. In fact, this board is full of these types. So, perhaps this thought process is not just a regional problem.

You know what, I don't have a direct interest in this. So, I say go ahead and form your team. In fact, get 15 other daddies and let them form their own teams, too. I guess CESA, CASL, Concorde, GSA, etc. have it all wrong.

Papa, get over yourself. Makes for a great, feel-good story. Sure, development can and does take place at all levels. And yes, it is great and expected that classic level players continue to enjoy the game and improve their status as a player. But, at the top level, the best players are who they are for a few reasons: individual make up, desire, and commitment to the game, competition within the team, competition on the weekend, coaching, club infrastructure/vision/involvement, and quite frankly, autonomy independent of non-soccer entities.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Hurst...

Soocer Zen.

I
goal
goal
I
Loc Dog google View from the Rock, by Rocky Harmon

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Predictable, wise response there Papa

B
goal
goal
B
Then I missed the issue. What again is the issue? I thought it had to do with parents being able to essentially tell service providers how to operate. If the utility company doesn't work for you, pick another. If I missed the point, that too is unfortunate, but in the end, it really doesn't matter.

You know, I really don't have a dog at all in this fight, but obviously you do. I really don't care what the SCYSA has to say about it. But, then again, you think it's too much of a stretch to say that the posting of this "ad" was not an intentional act by a parent contacting other players? Stranger rulings have come out of the SCYSA.

Mountains out of molehills is just what has killed many good ideas in the lowcountry.

I
goal
goal
I
It is funny, Michael Jordon did not make his 9th grade team, David Robinson grew 6 inches while he was at the naval academy and Tim Duncan was a swimmer for heavens sakes. And everyone on this thread knows who, among these uber u13 girls are the next Mia Hamm. Loc Dog everyone should get over themselves. That was my POINT!!!!

Perfect practice makes perfect. As studied by the brains on being an expert. I will follow the expert coach. That is just me.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
CESA,CASL,CONCORD,GSA, don't have it all wrong..They just have numbers that the lowcountry can't compare with so don't compare them..

I
goal
goal
I
I do not see how you take it that way, you just want to argue, I guess. View from the rock just predicted this whole thread. If I am not mistaken it is the third or fourth time it has repeated on SCSOCCER.COM over the last 12 months.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard