Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Papa, this isn't basketball.

Second point - fair enough.

Following the expert coach - well, that logic, in and of itself, is also flawed.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Papa definitely makes a great point - continuous, repetitive discussion. The interesting thing is how closely related this is to the results that take place year in and year out.

corner kick
corner kick
I love how any lowcountry soccer thread polarizes everyone--whether you're involved or not--lol.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
I
goal
goal
I
This is basketball with feet. Give and go, dribbling, shooting, sound of the net, that great sound of swish. Fouls. Free throw-Pks. Best team in the land both wear baby blue.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Kitten,
Yeah,
It's like everyone has the answers..Just do it our way..But no one is here living it first hand..They tried that already and it's not working ..

B
goal
goal
B
AK,

I guess that's because there never seems to be enough people that are willing to really implement the changes necessary, and continue to relive the past, rather than look to the future.

corner kick
corner kick
I think it has more to do with the fact that we can't get a handful of people on an online message forum to agree on anything other than 'something must be done' and the second someone tries to come up with an action as an answer, we turn the thread into an argument.

Yes, something must be done, but being rude or abrasive to each other isn't the way to help someone who is willing to put themselves out there and try to do what so many others talk about but never try.

We should stick with the posts that try to put up constructive points meant to help address the problem because bickering helps nobody and a strong Lowcountry team will help the state soccer scene as a whole. I commend the OP for at least trying to get a ball rolling (no pun intended ;-)) and those of you trying to help out with logistics and your own knowledge.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Yes, something must be done, but being rude or abrasive to each other isn't the way to help someone who is willing to put themselves out there and try to do what so many others talk about but never try.

Once again, wisdom from she who listens well before she speaks.

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die...pretty much sums up the idea of what everyone talks about as the ideal situation, but it's hard to get people to commit to the transition it would take to get there.

I've got good news and bad news...
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I think it has more to do with the fact that we can't get a handful of people on an online message forum to agree on anything other than 'something must be done' and the second someone tries to come up with an action as an answer, we turn the thread into an argument.

We should stick with the posts that try to put up constructive points meant to help address the problem because bickering helps nobody and a strong Lowcountry team will help the state soccer scene as a whole. I commend the OP for at least trying to get a ball rolling (no pun intended ;-)) and those of you trying to help out with logistics and your own knowledge.

I also commend the poster for coming up with a plan. Is it the plan that will work, hmmmmm - don't know for sure.

But one thing is very, very, very clear to anyone involved with Girls U13 AND U14 soccer in the Charleston area - something needs to be done. The poster is trying to do something, and that's a start.

If you are not familiar with what is happening with those age groups, then you don't understand the issue. Those familiar with the problem KNOW exactly what the OP is talking about. It's not an issue of:

1. My child is better than the other girls
2. My child is not getting enough playing time
3. My child should be playing striker and he has her stuck playing defense.
4. My child is yada, yada, yada......

This issue is that there are too many clubs in the area, and as a result the U13 and U14 age groups are diluted.

Numbers are a problem, BFA and MPSC both are fielding teams in the U14 age group....both teams are having problems with numbers...both teams have a combination of ages (U13 and U14) on the team. Then you have CUFC and DISA with U13 teams...both struggling in the Challenge league. Oh, and let's not forget Summerville and James Island U13's with a wide range of talent struggling in Classic I, and finally MPSC with a U13 team struggling in Classic II. And last but not least, we have the players from the low country traveling to Greenville on school nights for those players to play on CESA teams. I think I even heard there are some now going to Charlotte.

WE PARENTS KNOW that if all of those teams, all SEVEN of those teams were combined under one roof, some powerful teams could be formed. And there would still be a place for the girls that are Classic level, but all the Challenge level girls would be on a team. Look at CESA, they usually have TWO girls teams in each Challenge league. The low country has the number of girls to do that as well, but they are spread out all over the place.

The problem is each club wants the girls to come to their club. No club wants to loose their team to another club. The girls don't necessarily want to move by themselves to another club. Some of the girls on some of the teams talk trash about the girls from the other teams (we're too good to be on a team with you, yet their team is low on numbers so you really want to tell them to take a good long look at reality.)

Let's not even get into the coaching issue with one of the teams last year - but look at the damage done and how many girls are playing U14 in the low country????

So, we go, year after year after year with diluted teams all around the low country.

Did I miss anything????

T
bench
bench
T
I dont know who SoccerTimez is but I bet we must stand very close to each other on weekends or at one time we did because I could have wrote that whole thread above myself. I am so tired of the "angry" parents or coaches not understanding what we are trying to achieve here. Noone I know on the sidelines is saying thier child is the next mia hamm, OR the best soccer player out there but theres a reason we put our kids in the academy soccer program and PAY the coaches and club for training and development v.s the in-house team and that was to see our kids develop and play competitive soccer right NOW at this age level. We can all play in house soccer for much less money just for fun. I'd like to know who thinks the "Challenge Teams" are only for future Mia Hamms because we will have a few hundred disappointed parents in the lowcountry wouldnt we?

Last edited by thisissoccerlife; 03/11/09 02:02 PM.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard