Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
hat-trick
hat-trick
I certainly don't think 9-0 at the half is merciful or is any less "running up the score" than 16-0 is in full time. It just sounds like FM has had more experience at these lopsided scores and knows how to "run it up" in the first half and then stop.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Obviously we have Irmo haters. Stop the hate, just stop it I say! Why don't you follow with, "how did the Irmo team sleep last night?" All this needs to go into a different thread not the score posting one. If there was a mercy rule, no runs up the score, right?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

coach p, i know you weren't commenting on one side or the other, but your facts say it all:

they reached the final score within the 1st 20 min in the 2nd half, and then played possession with 8v11. obviously they couldve done this earlier right?

Obviously.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I probably just made it to a half a star rating.
Give me stars or give me death... sorry I am getting carried away.

Last edited by Meredith; 03/18/09 05:16 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
lets see.
9-0 in first half and that is the final score or a 16-0 final score and you put 10 of those up in the first 20 mins of the second half.
correct me coach p if i am wrong but did any of your starters score more than 2 goals and were any of their goals scored in the second half. i got no problem with players scoring more than 2 but when is the problem.
the game i talked about rock hill was in this year and could of been a lot worse,mine scored her 3rd late in the game. she didnt really try to score but should not of even shot. difference is it was the 6th goal of the game not the 16th.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/18/09 05:25 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I certainly don't think 9-0 at the half is merciful or is any less "running up the score" than 16-0 is in full time. It just sounds like FM has had more experience at these lopsided scores and knows how to "run it up" in the first half and then stop.

Point taken. With the regime change, perhaps they will stop at 4 or 5 in the future, or perhaps the quality of opposition will make it a moot point. In any event, all teams have to live with themselves, win or lose.

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Obviously we have Irmo haters. Stop the hate, just stop it I say! Why don't you follow with, "how did the Irmo team sleep last night?" All this needs to go into a different thread not the score posting one. If there was a mercy rule, no runs up the score, right?

I dont hate Irmo. mine has played with and knows some of the girls.none of this falls on them or is a reflection on them. im sure they slept pretty good last night.especially if it was a home game and they got to bed early.
i do not agree with the mercy rule.nothing was more painful when i played baseball than the game ending and i didnt even get to bat. i wouldnt want to drive on a bus for an hour and have irmo score 10 in 20 mins and the game be over. then we would argue about not scoring so fast to make the game last longer.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Point taken. With the regime change, perhaps they will stop at 4 or 5 in the future, or perhaps the quality of opposition will make it a moot point. In any event, all teams have to live with themselves, win or lose.

they may not stop at 9

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they may not stop at 9

Now, now, HH. Give the man a chance.

Doin' it the hard way...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

[..nothing was more painful when i played baseball than the game ending and i didnt even get to bat...

But it would be OK to go up to bat and have the coach tell you you could not hit?

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard