Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Hey Hard Headed, that's only because it was rival Rock Hill

I would do it again too!

you will have to wait for another year to do it again.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Another tight game against Barnwell, Dale.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I could easily score, but I am not going to! Why? Because I care about your feelings, I care about the game of soccer, and I care about the big picture!!

Tell you what, I am going to knock this ball back to our goalkeeper and we are going to do this all over again!

You guys keep fighting and we will keep playing.

We all get better!

Have fun!

It's that simple!

PS: I think taking players off is worse than scoring goals! Not only did we beat them 23 - 0, we did it with 8 players!!

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

FYI

From the Georgia HS Association
Soccer "mercy rule" as follows:

1. If a team is 7 or more goals behind at the midpoint of the first half, that will be considered the end of the half, and the teams will play a 20-minute second half.

2. When a team is 10 or more goals behind in the second half, the game will be terminated.

There is a similar rule in Florida HS soccer.

I like the idea, why dont we have this? Somewhat of a mercy rule would be kind of a respectful thing without having to forfeit the game.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
In my opinion if anything should be said it should be against the boys team at Irmo. The girls team plays first and scores 16 then the boys game follows and puts up same score? Talk about really embarassing a school.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

In my opinion if anything should be said it should be against the boys team at Irmo. The girls team plays first and scores 16 then the boys game follows and puts up same score? Talk about really embarassing a school.

My dad used to coach against Savitz, hes a respectable man i don't believe he would simply run up the score against a team just to make a team look bad. I think Irmo is just going all out this year on there boys side not letting anything get in thier way of the state championship.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Oh yea. Im not talking bad about Coach Savitz or the Irmo boys. Im just surprised they didnt keep it around 10.

corner kick
corner kick
It is not good to see a score ever get that high, I would agree with a mercy rule being made dont they have it for baseball?.. it has resonable meaning to have one.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Yeah i know in baseball it is a ten run rule. But as long as O-W contiunes to play and just get better they will eventually be an ok team that can hang in games. And maybe some day they will be able to beat a team by double digits and we can argue about them.

C
Coach
Coach
C
You don't get better by having your games shortened and/or terminated as soon as you start getting way behind. You get better by staying on the pitch for the full 80, taking your lumps, and using every minute as an opportunity to figure out what the other team is doing right and what you can do better to stop it. If you keep the right attitude, you can get better by having someone whomp the bejeezus out of you until you figure out how to stop them from doing it...but not by rolling over and packing it in after half a match.

As one who's been on the losing end of what would be a "mercy rule" game, I would resent someone taking away my team's playing time and opportunity to get the experience they needed to improve.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard