Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
1)For as far back as anyone can remember,what was the rate/percentage of club/high school soccer players that successfully made the transition to college soccer and eventually the pros pre-1990 compared to the current status quo for soccer athletes progression? PS:This question does not require that one must breeze through all the progression stages but moreso portray what was done to get an athlete from one step to the next at that time,what we are doing now and most importantly what we are doing to prepare the athletes(Our kids) to do what we might not have had the exposure to do or execute.
2)What are your thoughts on modest(cost effective) but objective preparation encompassing not just the shortrun but longrun progression of a soccer athlete?

Last edited by sckicker; 03/18/09 12:13 AM.
T
throw in
throw in
T
You keep changing your posts...it's hard to answer when you keep changing them.

1. The vast MAJORITY of kids playing soccer in this state will NOT play soccer in college. As to the rest of your question...I don't think I even understand it.

2. Huh?

Are you active at all in club soccer in this state?

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Am sorry for the few changes you have observed on this specific post.Am new to this forum type posting and trying to get the hang of all the posting procedures e.t.c.Am only 2 days old on here(to be precise about 3hrs new on here). I will leave what is on now for any future reference.
As for question number 2; it is just a quest to find out what thoughts on 'modest' - in this particular post "modest" meaning a training system that does not involve confusing parents or soccer lovers that they have to "jump 5 mountains" to get their kids to the next level but rather to polish what the kids already know by re-enforcing their belief in themselves and their abilities,an encouraging yes or no and ultimately teaching them new skills and even better and advanced ways to approach the game.
Once again i apologize for the edits,am getting a pretty good hang of it now.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

1. The vast MAJORITY of kids playing soccer in this state will NOT play soccer in college. As to the rest of your question...I don't think I even understand it.

I skipped this observation. I should honestly say however that there is a huge chance that a good portion of the kids in this state can make college soccer.It only boils down to how well we prepare them mentally and physically and what means we use to achieve this. It is a "tri effort" type setting which involves Player,coach and parent co-operation and genuine humility about the process.

2. Huh?

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

2. Huh?

I have coached youth soccer in SC for close to 6yrs. I have a fairly decent understanding of the issues going around.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

I have a fairly decent understanding of the issues going around.

I don't think most of us have a fairly decent understanding of the questions you are trying to ask. You a lawyer by chance?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Am sorry for the few changes you have observed on this specific post.Am new to this forum type posting and trying to get the hang of all the posting procedures e.t.c.Am only 2 days old on here(to be precise about 3hrs new on here). I will leave what is on now for any future reference.
As for question number 2; it is just a quest to find out what thoughts on 'modest' - in this particular post "modest" meaning a training system that does not involve confusing parents or soccer lovers that they have to "jump 5 mountains" to get their kids to the next level but rather to polish what the kids already know by re-enforcing their belief in themselves and their abilities,an encouraging yes or no and ultimately teaching them new skills and even better and advanced ways to approach the game.

For being "new" to this forum, you sure have found your way around quickly. Not only are you editing your own posts, but deleting them as well (i.e. the one that stated you were from the "low country".) What's up?

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

For being "new" to this forum, you sure have found your way around quickly. Not only are you editing your own posts, but deleting them as well (i.e. the one that stated you were from the "low country".) What's up?

Thanks for the note south.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think most of us have a fairly decent understanding of the questions you are trying to ask. You a lawyer by chance?

I had hoped i had summed up what i had intended to say in the 2 questions. Maybe i did not,however for those that might understand the questions,they are welcome to answer.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had hoped i had summed up what i had intended to say in the 2 questions. Maybe i did not,however for those that might understand the questions,they are welcome to answer.

Okay, now this part I do understand. You intended to say something, as in make a point - but you wanted to make your point in the form of a question.

You obviously have a hidden agenda that you want to hint at. I know I don't get it, does anyone else get it or know what in the heck he is talking about?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard