Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I have no clue, but I'll try.

#1 - Has anyone made the pro level from SC progressing through all the levels?

#2 - How mush does it cost to play?

That's the best I can do.

S
bench
bench
S
unbelievable,
the post was not that hard to understand, its just not that complicated. is everyone so insecure that when someone questions the status quo they have to deflect from the topic and ask silly things like are you a lawyer or suggust a hidden agenda. in laymens terms (thats simple language for those in mt p). 1.have any sc players moved on to play college and then pro soccer. 2. would anyone consider changing to a process that improves players level by level and what would they consider a reasonable cost be..this is not rocket science..

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

unbelievable,
the post was not that hard to understand, its just not that complicated. is everyone so insecure that when someone questions the status quo they have to deflect from the topic and ask silly things like are you a lawyer or suggust a hidden agenda. in laymens terms (thats simple language for those in mt p). 1.have any sc players moved on to play college and then pro soccer. 2. would anyone consider changing to a process that improves players level by level and what would they consider a reasonable cost be..this is not rocket science..

Hey, if you got that out of his original post...more power to you. But I still say his message was worded in a way that I for one did not know what the heck he was asking. I still say he has some sort of hidden agenda.....

If it was not that hard for you...great. It was hard and complicated for me.

Let's face it, anyone that knows anything about soccer in SC, and most of the posters here do...already know that there are not alot of professional soccer players (either MLS or in other countries) who came up in the ranks of the SC soccer system. So why ask???

As to number 2, still vague, would I consider a change...oh he!! yeah...I think we all are BEGGING for a change. I don't see where his question used the term "improves players level by level". I did get the bit that he was asking about cost...

As to a reasonable cost.....less than I pay now sounds reasonable to me.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

unbelievable,

Hey, if you got that out of his original post...more power to you. But I still say his message was worded in a way that I for one did not know what the heck he was asking. I still say he has some sort of hidden agenda.....

Let's face it, anyone that knows anything about soccer in SC, and most of the posters here do...already know that there are not alot of professional soccer players (either MLS or in other countries) who came up in the ranks of the SC soccer system. So why ask???

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE FAITH IN THE SC SOCCER SYSTEM,IT DOESN'T MEAN NO ONE CAN MAKE IT TO THE PROS IN THE FUTURE. IF WE CAN'T OR ARE NOT GETTING THE TYPE RESPONSE FROM THE SOCCER SYSTEM BUT STILL HAVE OUR KIDS PLAYING IN IT OR EVEN DONE PLAYING IN IT,PLEASE LETS NOT SPREAD THE PESSIMISM. I FOR ONE BELIEVE WE DO HAVE THE TALENT TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND JUST NEED ALITTLE CLEANING UP.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

As to number 2, still vague, would I consider a change...oh he!! yeah...I think we all are BEGGING for a change. I don't see where his question used the term "improves players level by level". I did get the bit that he was asking about cost...

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Can't figure who the sock puppet is .. SCKicker or soccer D??

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

unbelievable,

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE FAITH IN THE SC SOCCER SYSTEM,IT DOESN'T MEAN NO ONE CAN MAKE IT TO THE PROS IN THE FUTURE. IF WE CAN'T OR ARE NOT GETTING THE TYPE RESPONSE FROM THE SOCCER SYSTEM BUT STILL HAVE OUR KIDS PLAYING IN IT OR EVEN DONE PLAYING IN IT,PLEASE LETS NOT SPREAD THE PESSIMISM. I FOR ONE BELIEVE WE DO HAVE THE TALENT TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND JUST NEED ALITTLE CLEANING UP.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

You are so all over the place it's hard to figure out what to respond to. Here are your first two sentences:

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE FAITH IN THE SC SOCCER SYSTEM,IT DOESN'T MEAN NO ONE CAN MAKE IT TO THE PROS IN THE FUTURE.

For starters, I never, ever said no one from SC would ever be good enough in the future. Your original question (I think) asked how many players have made it to the pro's in soccer. My answer was that as far as we all know, none. Somehow you have translated that into my saying no one is good enough in the future. I didn't say that...don't put words in my "fingers."

And it's clear from your most recent post you also already knew the answer that no one had made it to the pros...so why did you ask the board like you did not know.

Then you started a sentence with one thought...and then you jump to another to finish it. So it's very hard to respond to you or figure out what you are asking or what you are saying. Here is your next sentence:

IF WE CAN'T OR ARE NOT GETTING THE TYPE RESPONSE FROM THE SOCCER SYSTEM BUT STILL HAVE OUR KIDS PLAYING IN IT OR EVEN DONE PLAYING IN IT,PLEASE LETS NOT SPREAD THE PESSIMISM.

You start talking about "we" not getting the type of response form the soccer system, and then you tell me not to spread the pessimism. Ummmm...what are you talking about. So if we talk about the problems in the system we are spreading pessimism....or rather we question what your motives are so that makes us pessimistic.

Then you finish up with this:

I FOR ONE BELIEVE WE DO HAVE THE TALENT TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND JUST NEED ALITTLE CLEANING UP.

So, you DID have an agenda when you posted. YOU believe we have the talent to take it to the next level with "a little cleaning up." I take it you already have in mind what cleaning up needs to be done. Why not just post that and get it out there.

You already posted (and then deleted) that you are from the low country...so what is your plan? What club are you with, or what club do you plan to start?

You must have some idea of what you want to accomplish, or you would not have posted.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Why do you think no SC player has never made it to the pros? There were a couple of former SC High School athletes on the field for the Charleston Battery last week, which is a professional team. There have been several past Battery members who came up through South Carolina soccer.

I know of one SC female soccer player who was drafted to WUSA before it folded.

I'm sure many other people have more examples.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Soccertimez,
Hopefully this will straighten everything out for you and shed alittle more light on the purpose of the post it history and all.
First off am not sure why you keep saying i have an agenda,FYI i do not,thought it would be interesting to get views about the soccer atmosphere
2.I already got in touch with a couple of people about my first posting mentioning availability for Fall season. So i deleted the post.Unfortunately am new to all the deletion and editing process so i am sure i hurt your feelings by the way i did it.For that i apologize.
3.I am not from SC originally and i don't know that much history about SC soccer prior to the time i started coaching in SC hence my question about soccer progress Pre-1990. Also i was really interested in actually hearing from posters about their views on the changes since the olden days as it seems that from the posts on this forum,people are rather knowledgable about the game.
4. You commented on me using the term "WE". FYI, I do not have ANY child(ren) playing soccer and i always use "WE" because "WE" in our soccer situation simply makes us all accountable for progress.
In summary,have you ever stopped and thought that maybe certain attitudes or approaches to "our" kids issues are what drive some members in the soccer system to do what they are doing? I happen to have been trained by some of the best international and local trainers and there was nothing in all that soccer education that pointed to egoistic antagonism and if you want to talk about an athlete being happy,i had some of the happiest times learning,playing and training with people from different cultures.
I will just say that i was simply looking to get some feedback about changes since pre and post 1990 in SC soccer. And am talking about an educative type feedback.Some people would surely appreciate the education about the changes.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

1. The vast MAJORITY of kids playing soccer in this state will NOT play soccer in college.

This sounds alittle pessimistic soccertimez.

S
bench
bench
S
oh, come on rocket science, dont get ugly here. every time someone comes on one of these sites some nasty people want to break down the poster and treat them like they are morons and have no right to be on the forum. if all you want to do is keep with the "i dont understand the question" stuff, why do you even continue to get on here and waste your time trying to figure it out. IT IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED. and for the sock puppet comment, dont worry, your best friend is still in your drawer.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard