Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#115467 03/18/09 06:48 PM
F
fuller Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
F
I would like everyone's thoughts on who you feel is the best player in the state

F
fuller Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
F
personally. i think that Daisy Walker from DHS in Roebuck SC is the best, most well rounded player in AAAA play this year.

K
kick off
kick off
K
I think a logical approach to take to answer this question would be to talk about a group of girls that have signed with or are verbally committed to D1 soccer programs. If you agree with the premise that college coaches know how to evaluate talent, then it makes sense to me to start with this group to get the converstation started.

These are the players that I know about. I'm sure I'm missing some so please feel free to append:

Casy Craft TL Hanna HS - CofC
Sara Schaidle (sp?) Mauldin HS - CofC
Morgan Hert Mauldin HS - Clemson University
Rae Wilson JL Mann HS - Unviersity of South Carolina
Katie Tate Woodmont HS - University of Southern California
Katy Moore (sp?) Eastside HS - Furman University
Alex Ramsey Rock Hill HS - LSU
Morgan Thomas Southside Christian HS - Coastal Carolina
Alica Blackwell Travelers Rest HS - Presbyterian College

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Keeperwatcher: Whilst I do not question your list I do find your logic interesting!

What if a player decides not to play soccer in college? Also, can we really say that all DI players are better than DII players? In addition, there are many college coaches out there that couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag, never mind rate a player! (Ever heard the comment big, fast and strong!)

So, whats my point ... Everyone will have their opinion and they are really all relative (to who knows what)!!

Carry on.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Never said my methodology was the best. I simply put forth one approach to get some names of players out there that could be in a discussion of best players in the state. As my post stated, I'm sure I'm missing some names and asked for more names to be appended as folks saw fit or discuss these players further.

throw in
throw in
Kind of tough to actually rate this one at this level. There are alot of factors involved and it would be tough to zero down on anyone unless there was a challenging and standardized platform to judge not only the skill but the character of the player. It is a tough one i should say.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Another player to add to the pool for consideration:

Taylor Parker Fort Mill HS - University of Kentucky

F
fuller Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
F
Daisy Walker can dominate any and all of the players listed above. What else ya got?????

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Daisy Walker can dominate any and all of the players listed above. What else ya got?????

I didn't see that dominance when we scrimmaged Dorman. Good player with great speed, but not dominant.

K
kick off
kick off
K
I also have seen Daisy play numerous times, several of which were in games against players listed above. There's no doubt that she is a very good player but to say "Daisy Walker can dominate any and all of the players listed above", is a big stretch in IMHO.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard