Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Yes, Casi is going to Lander. Lander's list attached.
http://www.peachbeltconference.org/sports/wsoc/2008-09/news/20090317luwsocsignees

Pretty good talent SC high school talent in this non D1 group I'd say.

That IS a strong signing class for Lander! Shaw, Vickers, Gauthier, Shearer, Jones, etc.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

My understanding is that she scored 4 goals as a freshman in the first half of her first game, was taken out by the coach and told she was hogging the ball, and never played again that year or last. This would need to be confirmed, but I believe is pretty accurate from a reliable source.

CESA Premier club player if I am correct.

she played her whole freshman year but did not play her soph year.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/20/09 07:29 PM.
E
bench
bench
E
Maggie Bosley, South Aiken, is the best girl player in the state hand down.
if her team could finish she would lead the country in assit

World Cup
World Cup
Assit? That's what I tell a player on game day if they miss a practice

corner kick
corner kick
Now is that *synonym for rear end* and "it" as in the bench, or is it a slurred combination of "aaaah" *I'm angry, grr* and "sit"?

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
World Cup
World Cup
That depends on the opponent

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

ouch. You just beat a tough region foe 5-2 and you get this?

Tough crowd you got there Dale.

CJ #115514 03/21/09 01:37 PM
P
bench
bench
P
in my opinion Alex Ramsey has nothing on players like
- Danielle Shaw - Spring Valley
- Maggie Bosley - South Aiken
- Ashley Kosobucki - Irmo

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

By the way -- I don't think it's particularly hard to tell most years. SC isn't the most soccer-rich state in the world in terms of female soccer players.

Let me preface this post by saying Shibumi, I am not challenging you! Just my two cents worth on this subject that seems to come up every year:

I haven't been following girls' high school soccer long enough or in depth enough to know much about years past or all the players mentioned each year but, in my opinion it IS difficult to tell who the "best" player is, at least some years. Based on what, I guess I should ask? Goals scored? Assists made? Great defender? Goals not allowed? Leadership? Ability to read the game? Making your team better? Speed? Conditioning? Skill? Size? Great header? Work ethic? Strength? Coachability? Etc, etc... or all of the above, I guess? I also think there are many variables that make this somewhat difficult to determine at least some years. For instance, this year. Variables such as position played (a midfielder or defender or goalie I would think is less likely to lead the state in goals scored than maybe a forward but could be just as great a player or better), level of team surrounding the player (a great player on a weak team is less likely to get as much notoriety as a great player on a better team and less likely to accomplish as much and less likely to be recognized as "great"), level of competition (great player playing against weak competition is going to rack up more stats or fare better than great player against better competiton so that could be misleading). Not to mention, how can I say who the best player is if I haven't even seen them play? I guess I'm being too picky.

I have not seen Rae Wilson play. I have only seen Alex Ramsey a few times. But they are both playing this year so who is better since we are talking best SC player? No, there is really no need to answer that question- I am sure they are both great in their own way!

I have heard Morgan Hert and Katie Tate are great goalies and I've always thought Emily Kellam was a great defender though I've never seen her play for her high school team (Dutch Fork).

I also think India Robinson is a great player, although I don't know if she even plays for her high school team (Camden). She's only a 94 birth year and plays for CESA Girls Premier 93 so I think we might be hearing more about her over the years.

Last edited by live and learn; 03/21/09 09:14 PM.
CJ #115516 03/22/09 01:28 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

ouch. You just beat a tough region foe 5-2 and you get this?

Tough crowd you got there Dale.

God plants the mentally challenged everywhere so we all have equal chances to build up our patience

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard