Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
goal kick
goal kick
RV beat lancaster last night 3-0 and Chapin tonight 1-1 (5-4) in pks. both keepers blocked one. and the 6th kicker for chapin missed frame. sounded like a good game. apparently poorly officiated.

i wanna stay inside
kick off
kick off
Lexington 10+
OW 0

the players of OW were excelent sports. congrats to coach wil gettys for his 100th win

there are no 'born' soccer players
throw in
throw in
@ George Watson Field

Cardinal Newman 5:1 AC Flora
@ half; CN 4:1 ACF

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Mann 3
Christ Church 0

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

RV beat lancaster last night 3-0 and Chapin tonight 1-1 (5-4) in pks. both keepers blocked one. and the 6th kicker for chapin missed frame. sounded like a good game. apparently poorly officiated.

Id say possesion was about 60% Chapin 40% Ridge View, Chapin may have had a few more looks on goal they were definatly better looks but who can deny a good keeper for Ridge View who made a few excellent saves to keep it tied. Both teams played well for the conditions and as for the poor officiating i think the officiating was good it never got out of hand really. A fight almost broke out between the two teams which really ruined the game in my opinion, but other than that was a run game to watch.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Bluffton 9 Wade Hampton 1 (pk)

R
bench
bench
R
Paradox, I don't know the Bishop England coach, but as someone who became a coach pretty recently, and who did not see the game either, I want to encourage you not to leap to conclusions. In my opinion the very hardest games to coach are the ones where your team is much better than the opponent (rarely my problem). When your team is weaker you can pack it in and tell them to play their hearts out, but in games where they are much, much stronger it can be tough. It's hard to instruct players to try NOT to score, and as a player who's been on the receiving end of some lopsided losses I think it is even more insulting when the other team tries not to score. Some teams have the luxury of putting in reserves who will keep the score close even if they give 100%, but a team like Bishop England may not have any players on the bench who couldn't vastly outscore the opponent. Additionally, while 18-0 is ugly most games that get scores like that could be far, far worse, and often a result like 18-0 could have easily in the 40s to 0. Bishop England's coach may well realize in retrospect that there were ways he could have kept the score closer without being disrespectful to his opponent, and maybe not, but regardless when you coach a strong team that is often not an easy balance to strike. Just my thoughts, and I appreciate your perspective, too.

As far as RNE's game against Aiken it was a hard-fought game and Aiken played with a lot of heart and determination. They are one of the strongest, most physical sides we have played. However, I feel the need to point out that there was not a "deck" of cards given to both teams. One of my defenders received a yellow card for shoving a player after the whistle who slide tackled him with cleats up and caused about a 5 inch by 3 inch deep bruise on his shin, through and beside his shin guard, but that was the only card RNE received.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
aas the score shows bluffton has a very strong team. good luck coach cook for the rest of the year

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Barnwell 5
Swansea 0

goal
goal
Knowing Bishop England coach's ways he doesnt give a rat&$$ either way. He has no control of his team. They do their own thing. Not much coaching going on at Daniel Island. Not just coaching but overall respect. "Just roll the ball out there with your recruited team and play." Money is a hell of a drug.

Last edited by Jackson, Samuel L.; 03/26/09 02:11 PM.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard