Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Coaches, Parents, Players,

At the Winter Clinic Business Meeting it was pointed out to all coaches how important it is for us to support the soccer all star games here in SC, The North/South Soccer Classic and The CUFC Clash of the Carolinas. To date the following schools are the only ones that have donated money to The Clash.

Brookland-Cayce HS (Boys & Girls)
Irmo HS (Girls)
Mid-Carolina HS
Summerville HS (Girls)
Wando HS
E.L. Wright MS
Wando
West Florence boys
Hilton Head boys

This does not cut it. If we do not pony up for our own games how can we expect others to?

Parents and fans contact your coach and ask why he or she has not donated to the cause. It could be your child who does not get to play in an all star game because it was not funded. I hate to do this in a public forum. But, something has to be done to stir the pot. While you are at it, ask your coach if he or she is a member of SCACA and of the SCSCA. If they are not they do not get to nominate your child for any all star games.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
World Cup
World Cup
Be sure to do call while they are eating dinner with their families. Or, while they are putting their kids to bed would be another good time.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Can I have your number?

World Cup
World Cup

I think our phone numbers, home address, and social security numbers will be up soon if we don't get some money in

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
We'll treat you just like the AIG executives..Give up the money or we'll put your mug out there

World Cup
World Cup
I'm working on it, I'm working on it!!!

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Sticking the target on my back as I type ...

Whilst I do not question the original post at all, I do question the need to spend $25,000 - $30,000 for what is essentially 2 games. Especially, 'in this difficult economy'.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I question any post that has the however-well-intentioned gall to imply that in times where many coaches are digging into their personal pockets just to keep their own programs supplied and running, that anyone who does not donate to one particular event is not supporting "the cause." "The cause" goes far beyond a couple of all-star games and supports far more players that never get a chance to be in one than those who do.

Sorry, Wayne...I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I can't support or condone this kind of strong-arm or guilt-trip tactic. Let those who can give, give what they can, and let those who have given what they can to "the cause" live in peace with themselves...whether they've given to YOUR particular favorite slice of "the cause" or not.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
While you are at it, ask your coach if he or she is a member of SCACA and of the SCSCA. If they are not they do not get to nominate your child for any all star games.

So our coach has to be a member to nominate a player?
Should'nt a player be nominated because they deserve the recognition...not because the school donated to the cause?

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
nothing like opening a 'can o' worms" is there, wayne?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard