Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Kevin, I am not claiming ignorance of practices around here. I am saying that I KNOW I am a paid member and it never occurred to me to check behind the high school league when I attended all the meetings at the summer clinic. It is annoying that I have to follow up with Shell Dula about an ommission that should not have occurred...that being said, yes I just sent an email to Shell and copied your brother.

Goal
Goal
Coaches who roll the ball out there for 4 months out of the year and win/lose with players made and cared for by OTHER people who should legitimately be called "coaches" will never understand. They will post mocking lame pictures to discredit the topic at hand and will generally be seen as a fraud and "unprofessional" by others around them. These same people generally do not attend/work the allstar events or the State Championships. They do not attend the Clinics. They do not contribute to any cause that promotes not only the sport but the association. They also tend to be the first people to complain about something that doesn't go their way. They are the ultimate crier who has no invested interest compared to others.

You work hard. I work hard. We all work hard but, this profession is no different than any other one. You have 1 person digging the whole and 5 people leaning on a shovel. I think they're trying to improve that and the time for "asking" nicely is over. It doesn't work. Sometimes you have to rally the troops and to rally them you need to lay it on them to fire up a storm.

If you went to one of these events then you'd understand the quality construction that goes into it. It's not half-assed. It's meticulously designed to be a glorious and honorable event. Something the players will remember the rest of their lives; from formal banquets, to training, to staying overnight, to the all star feel you get from just being selected. If you degrade that in any way then it becomes a farce and a laughing stock. It's possible that a good many of you are OK with being associated with something like that but Kevin, Kyle, Wayne, Dicky, Frank and the others who do everything aren't.

Last edited by shut^&play; 03/26/09 05:21 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Uh, an idea.....

How about putting a 10% "tax" on tournament entry fees with that 10% going directly to support this tournament?

Pay as you go.....the schools that max out on tournaments are probably the same schools with money and the same schools with a lot of players participating.

I'm curious.....what percentage of the SC girls who participated in these all-star games...also participated in Viking Cup? My guess is, probably a pretty high percentage.

World Cup
World Cup
CJ -- Agreed on all fronts. I know of at least 10 omissions from SCACA -- not SCHSL -- concerning their membership lists this past year alone.

This list is used to comprise our All-State, North-South, Clash of the Carolinas selection committees, as well as used to invite coaches to participate in the all-star games.

If your name is not on that list (by January 1) then you are not eligible for consideration for that spring season.

World Cup
World Cup
Post deleted by Dale Jr

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

but this is the first time I can recall hard figures on the amount per program that would support these games being posted in public forum
==================================================
From 5/18/08

2008 North-South Soccer Classic @ USC Upstate

Date: June 13-14, 2008

Site: USC Upstate (Spartanburg, SC)

Title Sponsor: Columbia United FC

Uniform Sponsor: STANNO

Cost Breakdown
Banquet - $15 each
Lunch - $6.25 each
Breakfast - $4.25 each
Housing - $15 each
Game Field - $100 per match
Practice Fields - No charge

Players - 72
Coaches - 8
Staff - 10-15

STANNO Commitment

2008 - $7,000 in STANNO products (no money)
2009 - $2,000
2010-11 - based on 10% rebate from sales in NC/SC
======================================================
From 5/28/08

2008 North-South Soccer Classic Financials

USC Upstate - Spartanburg, SC
Lunch = $500
Banquet = $1200
Breakfast = $350
Housing = $1200
Game Fields = $200

Total for Coaches/Players = $3440

Lunch on Friday - $6.25 per person
Breakfast on Saturday - $4.25 pp
Banquet on Friday - $15 pp
Housing Friday night - $15 pp
Training Fields - Complimentary (12:00 pm - 3:30 pm)
Match Fields - $100 per game

Match Program - $1266.26
=======================================================

This was reviewed at the SCACA Summer Clinic as well as posted on SCSoccer.com.

Thank you. Upon further review I can confirm that there is no estimate in these posts of how much donation per soccer program in SC would be needed to cover this cost. The recent estimates of $50 from every program, or $100 from at least half of the programs, were very helpful in determining an appropriate donation level.

I've got good news and bad news...
Goal
Goal
Quote:

I knew it was a matter of time. I once knew a guy who sold weed in college, but then dropped out. Nowadays he clings to the under belly of others in hopes of name recognition. He coaches soccer now somewhere in columbia. Drug dealer turned coach. Awesome.

I don't know which poster you're referring to. If it's me (because I was referring to the lame broken arm pic), I have 2 degrees and 2 state championships and the only weeds I know of are the ones in my recently purchased home. I believe you're gravely mistaken on this one and if you really want to make this personal, we can do that as well.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

<< image removed >>
Donate before this happens to you, too!

You might have a HIPAA violation there.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Coaches who roll the ball out there for 4 months out of the year and win/lose with players made and cared for by OTHER people who should legitimately be called "coaches" will never understand. They will post mocking lame pictures to discredit the topic at hand and will generally be seen as a fraud and "unprofessional" by others around them. These same people generally do not attend/work the allstar events or the State Championships. They do not attend the Clinics. They do not contribute to any cause that promotes not only the sport but the association. They also tend to be the first people to complain about something that doesn't go their way. They are the ultimate crier who has no invested interest compared to others.

You work hard. I work hard. We all work hard but, this profession is no different than any other one. You have 1 person digging the whole and 5 people leaning on a shovel. I think they're trying to improve that and the time for "asking" nicely is over. It doesn't work. Sometimes you have to rally the troops and to rally them you need to lay it on them to fire up a storm.

If you went to one of these events then you'd understand the quality construction that goes into it. It's not half-assed. It's meticulously designed to be a glorious and honorable event. Something the players will remember the rest of their lives; from formal banquets, to training, to staying overnight, to the all star feel you get from just being selected. If you degrade that in any way then it becomes a farce and a laughing stock. It's possible that a good many of you are OK with being associated with something like that but Kevin, Kyle, Wayne, Dicky, Frank and the others who do everything aren't.

Here is another one for ya. This is the funny bone they broke when I first said I would only donate $50

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

I knew it was a matter of time. I once knew a guy who sold weed in college, but then dropped out. Nowadays he clings to the under belly of others in hopes of name recognition. He coaches soccer now somewhere in columbia. Drug dealer turned coach. Awesome.

I don't know which poster you're referring to. If it's me (because I was referring to the lame broken arm pic), I have 2 degrees and 2 state championships and the only weeds I know of are the ones in my recently purchased home. I believe you're gravely mistaken on this one and if you really want to make this personal, we can do that as well.

Hey, I only roll the ball out four or five months a year. What threat am I to you, Keep?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard