Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Hey Hurst --- yes sir, I know you were just pulling the chain and I definitely agree about the Lax team. A GREAT group of girls and athletes. We bicker back and forth about practice space, but actually have a pretty good relationship. A few of them actually hang out in the room with my soccer girls during lunch and one might even go with us on some soccer college visits to try and catch up with the Lax coaches, the same one who helps one of my ACL girls tote her stuff between classes.

There is a player or two we could pull up for a few games to play goalie until Gabby gets back, but I think I am going to try and have the girls pull through all of this as “the team” rather than with a temporary patch to be pealed off latter. I might be crazy or stupid or BOTH- but I think it will help build the team and get us ready for a hopeful playoff “run” and then maybe even more so – next year……

Tony King
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I want to thank Mike, Paul, and the Irmo volunteers for their tireless work to make this a great tournament. We had a fantastic experience and will be back again next year.

I also want to thank Bem Rivers for the breathtaking 3'x5' team poster that we were given for free. It will be given a place of honor at our school.

Oh, and a big thank you to the title sponsor Hungry Howie's Pizza. Friday night was hilarious when the pizza guy brought several pizzas down onto the stadium pitch after our game and my girls were munching away while doing their post-game stretch. I took a picture of them to post on our website.

It was a great weekend and great way to prepare for the stretch run of the season.

Thanks Mike!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Here is a link to Bem's website. You have to scroll down to the bottom to see the Dutch Fork (grrr) and Hanna pictures.

http://www.scsportsfan.com/

World Cup
World Cup
So you, me, and Jimmy Johnson have gone the way of the beard, eh?

F
goal
goal
F
Oh, that's Craig in the photo? I thought it was a bear!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
after many years of shaving I have learned that if you have a beard you only have to trim it once a week or so. Very convenient.

World Cup
World Cup
You could replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine!

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Makes him look more edjukated.

Coach P Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
Quote:

2009 Hungry Howie's Invitational

Final Standings:
1st: Dutch Fork
2nd: TL Hanna
3rd: Blythewood
4th: Irmo
5th: Spring Valley
6th: Ridge View
7th: Riverside
8th: Daniel

Based on the Week #7 Rankings released yesterday, seven of the eight Hungry Howie's Invitational teams are ranked in the top 15 of their respective classes.
Dutch Fork - AAAA #2
TL Hanna - AAAA #4
Blythewood - AAAA #15
Irmo - AAAA #7
Spring Valley - AAAA #12
Ridge View - AAAA #9
Riverside - AAA #4

bench
bench
Quote:

Thanks for the play-by-play, Hurst...good to see a girls' tournament getting some real-time publicity and recognition here.

Second that, thanks Hurst..far be it for the State Newspaper to provide any publicity!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard