Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
What happens if a coach receives a red card? Does (s)he have to leave the field? Does (s)he have to leave the premise? Can they have any interaction with their team? Is there any fine associated with the card? Can they coach in the next game? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
C
Coach
Coach
C
A coach who receives a red card must leave the playing area and have no further contact with the team during the contest. The following is from the SCHSL Constitution:

5. A coach's action that leads to an ejection will be considered as serious unsportsmanlike
conduct. The minimum penalty will be a next game suspension (Must be served at the level
of ejection before resuming coaching duties at games) or a $100.00 fine. The penalty will be
doubled for a second offense. (Two games and $200.00) NOTE: If a coach is ejected from
the final game of the season, the minimum penalty will be a $100.00 fine assessed to the
school.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
kick off
kick off
C
Is it really that hard just to keep your mouth shut? Many disagree with me on this one but it's ok. I just cant see where keeping on a ref verbally will help you during the game. Now if you're just trying to get a rise out of the stands then keep on yelling, but if I ever have a disagreement I point it out to him/her why the call was bad,(politely) then go on about my business. I just feel that the harder you get on him, then you're least likely to get a call the next time. Coaching with character is more important than ever these days, so if you try and teach you gotta preach it! But a red card? Geez....did the coach slash his car tires or something? How'd he earn the red?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yeah, I've never seen anything positive accomplished by going at it with an official. The call is not going to be changed, the players and fans are going to be either completely embarrassed or follow an example that will likely get them penalized as well, and the situation can only go from bad to worse. Composure is one of a competitor's most important assets.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
kick off
kick off
C
Well said. I could not agree more.

Link Copied to Clipboard