Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Westside is having a great year and finally hit the rankings. By the way, that gives us three Region 1 teams in the top 15. Not bad at all.

brace
brace
Westside is a quality side with a quality coach. Look through the years at the steady improvement. Nice to see them getting the recognition they deserve.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
CJ,

We should do the Region 1 vs. Region 3 "challenge" next year.

Who wins these matches in 2009? There are some tough calls here.

Fort Mill vs. TL Hanna
Clover vs. Wren
Nation Ford vs. Westside
Northwestern vs. Greenwood
York vs. Easley
Gaffney vs. Laurens

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Well done, Ryan. From hoping they score a goal during the season to making it to the top 15. One of the best coaching jobs done in the last 5 years.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Good idea Hurst! I didn't really think about the similarities until you matched us up. I think all of the pairings you listed would be very competitive matches. I wonder if the same could be done for regions 2 and 4?

Quote:

CJ,

We should do the Region 1 vs. Region 3 "challenge" next year.

Who wins these matches in 2009? There are some tough calls here.

Fort Mill vs. TL Hanna
Clover vs. Wren
Nation Ford vs. Westside
Northwestern vs. Greenwood
York vs. Easley
Gaffney vs. Laurens

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
I started poking around with trying to find a region that compares to Region 2. I am afraid there just isn't one that can compete top to bottom with Region 2.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Hurst,

How about a 1 day gig at Manchester.......3 sets of games going back to back to back. 10 bucks admission with all profits going, in the names of the particiapting schools, to the All-star games that the Corleone's were leaning on folks for last week.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Northwestern is in!

corner kick
corner kick
Or Upperstate v Lowerstate crossover day?

Tomorrow...is too late.
world cup
world cup
Daddy,

I thought about that. If we could get all the schools to buy in and work it into their schedules, it could be a success. If I could get a couple of parent volunteers from each of the six schools in Region 3, I could pull it off.

If it is just one game, it's not a tournament, so that will still leave each school with their two tournaments.

We donate all the profits to the high school all-star games.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Let's double the gate and add the boys in too.

9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM & 7 PM.

corner kick
corner kick
Glad to see Westside improving CJ needs a cross town rival. With all the rain in the last week which caused PPD matches and tournament cancellations put a hit on Mauldin. Mauldin drops to number 2 and Wando moves up. Go figure......

brace
brace
Quote:

Glad to see Westside improving CJ needs a cross town rival. With all the rain in the last week which caused PPD matches and tournament cancellations put a hit on Mauldin. Mauldin drops to number 2 and Wando moves up. Go figure......

Probably due to that ridiculous "Easy Schedule" post...

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
Do Dorman and Spartanburg even remember what a soccer ball looks like?

Fort Mill goes 3-0 last week, drops one spot in the rankings.

Wren must be really, really good!

world cup
world cup
Ryan,

Congratulations on the great start.

Now get to work and preview this week's big games!

World Cup
World Cup
Ryan is in Raleigh like myself right now. I think the previews might take a back seat to the Mrs. Coach Roseberry for now

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I think its a do-able idea Hurst......let's.....do....it!!!!

If you added the boys you're talking 24 teams. If each team brought 50 paying people...and I'd expect more out of the YC folks...but if you averaged 50 per you would generate a gross of $12,000.

Maybe $1200 or so for refs....$1500-$2000 for field rental.

$8-9k in gross profits. Heck, you could comfortably cover the $500 per school "contribution" the Don was looking for.

world cup
world cup
Daddy,
We could give it a shot. Need R1 to guarantee that their AD's will pay for the bus ride up to Rock Hill. (Also be nice if CJ guaranteed to bring 200 fans from A-Town!).

Jr.,
Please preview this week's big matches for Ryan. I know Mrs. Jr. will understand the importance of this (she's a fine young lady).

Thanks!!!!

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Wando moves up. Go figure......

Maybe Wando moves up b/c of their 2-0 win over Parkview, GA. At the time 5A Parkview was ranked #2 in the nation and #1 in their region. Go figure......
Good luck to Mauldin when they play them. Another SC win over GA coming up.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
heck, we might even have to bring Radio! It would need to be a regular season match to get the buses but it really is an intriguing idea.

Quote:

Daddy,
We could give it a shot. Need R1 to guarantee that their AD's will pay for the bus ride up to Rock Hill. (Also be nice if CJ guaranteed to bring 200 fans from A-Town!).

Jr.,
Please preview this week's big matches for Ryan. I know Mrs. Jr. will understand the importance of this (she's a fine young lady).

Thanks!!!!

world cup
world cup
CJ,

Run it by your fellow R1 coaches. I think the main obstacle may be a local school district policy that prohibits a team from traveling more than "x" miles for a regular season match.

Let me know.

Thanks.

F
goal
goal
F
"Glad to see Westside improving CJ needs a cross town rival."

Thanks for all of the support guys! I don't think Westside is a crosstown rival to TL Hanna just yet though. With every step we've tried to take forward, it seems like Hanna's taken three! But hey, that's only a good thing, and it, along with Wren's consistent improvement, has only helped to bring Region I some positive attention.

The Region I vs Region III match-ups sound great!

Thanks to Kevin and Kyle, my wife's insight that is about 10,000 times better than mine (she was an all-american in martial arts and won some national tournaments), and the hard work of my girls for earning Westside a nod on the boards. I had a few lofty goals when I got into coaching, and being ranked in the state was way, way, way up there!

That said, I'll try to get some game previews out in a bit.

J
kick off
kick off
J
Ryan, congrats on breaking through on the rankings. Huge improvements have been made at Westside since your arrival.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard