Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
P
I'm sorry to say you are wrong Mr. colwell. most of the seniors on the bench from last years team had no where near the touch an did not help the game out anymore than those 3. And this year they will win because they are now bigger ,faster and most of the time smarter on the ball than the team last year.

Last edited by pinger90; 04/13/09 07:41 PM.
kick off
kick off
Hmmmm...
And NW got smaller, slower and dumber since last year.

D'OH!

Homer no function beer well without
P
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
P
no doh man they are probably the exact same... but i guess you don't remember Irmo basically dominating them in the semi-final. and NW pullin out some lucky win

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
A sign of a champion, Pinger, is that they always find a way to win. It's a little biased to say that Irmo dominated, from what I saw, both teams had numerous chances. Irmo may have possesed the ball a little better but other than that it was a pretty even match. Irmo lost, get over it. Enough talk about last year.

One Time!
goal
goal
A win is a win my friend. High caliber teams find ways to win. Northwestern managed to do that last year in a great game.

sG is right, enough of all this rubbish about last year.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
From what I've seen, Irmo is a much better team this year than last. Don't know if the same can be said for NW. Hope they get to play to settle the score on the field.

Last edited by GSDad; 04/14/09 12:13 AM.
R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

I'm sorry to say you are wrong Mr. colwell. most of the seniors on the bench from last years team had no where near the touch an did not help the game out anymore than those 3. And this year they will win because they are now bigger ,faster and most of the time smarter on the ball than the team last year.

Matt Colwell should have started that game and Savitz knows it. He was faster, stronger and a far superior crosser of the ball than the underclassman who took his place,Period. Nice, classy gesture to a kid who busted his butt for 4 years not to even get on the field. Good move Savitz, but then again you lost.

A
bench
bench
A
ill agree, matt colwell was one of the hardest working players (from my experience) to ever play for irmo. i can guarantee the player that played in front of him could not match matt's work and attitude on the field. there are no few words that can describe what a great coach savitz is in my book but i think if he could go back he may have done it differently. as to irmo rebuilding their dynasty...thats going to take a lot of work from a group of guys that can easily lose focus. but there is no doubt in my mind that irmo can pull off multiple state championships in the near future..ill be there to see them take on northwestern in about a month..best of luck

S
throw in
throw in
S
how can you say that the acree mucufsky and emmitt bunch will lose? your forgetting about the others .. Kyle Mcwean , Taylor Varney , And the new kid edgar i dont see how you can say coldwell is any better than those forwards.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If you were at the chapin game, you would have seen that NW should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals. They only won 2-1 I know, but comparing scores really does not mean anything.

For example:
Argentina beats Venezuela 4-0
Venezuela beats Colombia 2-0
Colombia beats Boliva 2-0
Bolivia beats Argentina 6-1

If you look closely, those scores do not seem to add up. If Argentina beat Venezuela, who beat Colombia, who beat Bolivia, then that means Argentina should of easily taken care of Bolivia right? No, camparison of scores is not an accurate way to rate a teams talent, as these scores show. I understand that this may be the only means of comparison that you have, but it does not make it right. Put NW's or Irmo's talent, player for player, head to head against any other teams, and it would be a landslide. But just because you have talent does not guaruntee victory, as Argentina found out. NW did not play well against Chapin, but still got the win. As long as you get the W, the other stats do not matter unless you are comparing scores, which has been proven, time and time again, as an inaccurate way to predict how other teams would do against eachother.

the only reason why argetina lost to bolivia is bc Maradona didnt think he needs defenders. the same happened to hugo sanchez vrs the US.

Hugo learned his lesson and is now in Almeria, while Maradona needs to come back to earth, Argentina is loaded but he cannot disrespect the little guys playing with 3 descent defenders in the altitud of La Paz.

Soccer isnt all about having great attacking players and great offensive minded coaches, although they create the winning circle and they are much more enjoyable to watch, but then it comes to...

strategy, psycology, a great defensive strategy can win big games, ask that to greece...there are other parts of the game that are also key to succed.

Look at Madrid for example, they started bringing all this dutch players that never won anything and it all started when the brought barbie beckam in, this players may be good lookin and sell shirts but they suck.

There is a reason why Irmo has won it all, and it will be nice to see them back in track. They looked good tonight, maybe not the best passing team but still really solid everywhere, and Acree, number 7 and 17 are going to be a paint for any defense and I dont think any of them are seniors..

good stuff. oh yeah and Argentina and Maradona may be strong but I dont think they are a thread for Casillas, Puyol, Ramos and Villa.

Club of the century.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard