Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
P
7 Taylor Varney is a senior but yea your right also Leo Mukofsky had a good game with 2 goals i believe. Mcewan is also coming off of a knee injury not 100%

C
bench
bench
C
My two cents worth...
The talk of a dynasty now comparative to the stretches of dominance that Irmo has had in the past is nonsense. Is it possible in the next 4-5 years? Yes, but to start talk of that now just seems silly. But to say that this Irmo team is not on the level with some of the other Irmo teams of the past seems almost as silly. They have been absolutely dominant in every game they have played and have numerous kids that have the potential to go and play at division division one soccer programs. For those people who don't think they are on that level, you must just be Irmo alumni who are still living in the past. (NW lovers, I didn't say anything about them Irmo being better so please don't bash me)

On another note, Rob Cowell... I hope for your sake and your son's that you are not actually his father because your argument is ridiculous. I know you love your son and he is in fact a good kid and a hard worker, but to put it politely he has the touch of a rapist. Your son failed to improve from 9th grade on and indeed did not deserve to start that game. For you as no more than a soccer parent to try a take shots at and question the tactics of a coach with half a billion state championships is ludicrous. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

On yet another kind of of topic note, is anyone else amazed/suprised at the discrepancy of talent between the top 2 teams(Irmo+NW) as compared to the other teams in the state, 4A mostly. Irmo has outscored ranked opponents 23-4 (9-4 win over the #4 team) and NW 20-4 (6-1 win over the #6 team). I realize NW has had a few close games, but it is a bit more difficult to score when teams play a 8-1-1 against you. Is this a reflection on how dominant and talented these two teams are or a reflection of down years at other usually competitive schools. In the past going into the playoffs there would be maybe two or three favorites, but 7 or 8 teams with legitimate chances to win a state championship. This year it seems as if its almost entirely a two horse race with maybe a team or two having an outside shot if things go their way entirely.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

On yet another kind of of topic note, is anyone else amazed/suprised at the discrepancy of talent between the top 2 teams(Irmo+NW) as compared to the other teams in the state, 4A mostly. Irmo has outscored ranked opponents 23-4 (9-4 win over the #4 team) and NW 20-4 (6-1 win over the #6 team). I realize NW has had a few close games, but it is a bit more difficult to score when teams play a 8-1-1 against you. Is this a reflection on how dominant and talented these two teams are or a reflection of down years at other usually competitive schools. In the past going into the playoffs there would be maybe two or three favorites, but 7 or 8 teams with legitimate chances to win a state championship. This year it seems as if its almost entirely a two horse race with maybe a team or two having an outside shot if things go their way entirely.

I think it is a relfection of both scenarios. NW and Irmo both have amazing talent and usual competative schools are having bad years as of late. NW and Irmo have set the bar extremely high. And honestly, I really do not think any other team has a legitimate chance of upseting them in the playoffs. Like you said in years past there were multiple teams that had the chance of playing in the big game. I don't know why this has changed, besides the lack of talent.

Last edited by sG; 04/27/09 02:39 AM.

One Time!
throw in
throw in
Rob Colwell... what makes you the authority on who should be played and who shouldn't? Are you in the SC High School hall of fame? Do you have 500+ wins? Have you won multiple state championships? For you to even question Coach Savitz in his ability to pick the best team to occupy the field is ridiculous. He has had more experience with high caliber teams than anyone in the state. Sorry to say for you, but a players work ethic does play a big role in their playing time for Irmo. If your son was truly that good and worked that hard then Phil wouldn't have passed him up; he knows talent when he sees it. Don't be bitter just because your son didn't make the cut. Savitz is and always has been a class act... he has also produced many quality teams over the years and will continue to do that by picking players not only on their talent, but on their character. Hope you can reflect on your posts and delete them once you find that you are wrong. Oh, and I've seen the "bunch" on the field, they are great individuals who (DO) play as a team. Just watch one of their games and see the ball movement on the field.

S
throw in
throw in
S
good arguements

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
No way. Irmo has no dynasty. I believe they will win it this year and next but after that it will be time for a new team.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard